Candid · Remote (US) / New York, NY / Atlanta, GA / Cleveland, OH / Williamsburg, VA
Candid is looking for a motivated data scientist with experience working with text and graph-structured data to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience using techniques from natural language processing and graph machine learning to solve problems and demonstrate strong communication skills.
POSITION: Data Scientist
LOCATION: Flexible (Remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; or Williamsburg, VA)
Pay Range: $100,000 - $110,000 (compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location)
Benefits: Health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), Retirement contribution with additional option for match, Company paid Life Insurance & AD&D, Paid leave time (PTO, Bereavement, Volunteer, Holiday, Parental), Short-term and Long-term disability, Pre-tax Transit, FSA
Candid (candid.org), the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy, seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented individual to join the Candid Data Science team to work on problems in natural language processing, and at the intersection of knowledge graphs and machine learning.
- Ability to develop in Python and to work with mathematical computing libraries.
- Work with graph structured data and perform supervised and semi-supervised machine learning tasks to better personalize customer experiences in Candid’s products.
- Apply natural language processing techniques to better understand activities in the social sector both in the United States and around the world.
- Implement statistical and machine learning applications for consumption at high scale.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Work within an Agile Development framework.
- Work closely with Product Teams to understand the “definition of done”.
- Masters degree in a quantitative research field strongly preferred, equivalent industry experience also considered.
- Advanced experience with Python for data processing and analysis, including proficiency with SciPy/NumPy and NetworkX.
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning tools such as Scikit-learn, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) and graph neural networks is strongly preferred.
- Identify new problems to be explored.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Professional, positive attitude.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject line: "Data Scientist - Tech Jobs For Good". Your application will only be considered if all instructions are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants, we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.