Exygy · Remote (US)
Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
Health & Well-Being
$80,000 - $100,000 Per YearPosted 4 weeks ago
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We enable impact-focused organizations to rethink experiences and create digital products that solve their problems and delight users. Our diverse team brings a breadth of technical expertise, user-centric perspectives, and product strategy to every engagement. As a certified B-Corporation, we are driven by our fierce commitment to the betterment of humanity. Our clients include CARE International, QURE Healthcare, San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing, and Hopelab.
Exygy has embraced a work from home philosophy and we are now a remote-first company. This role can be located anywhere in the U.S and may occasionally require some traveling for meetings or team building events. Exygy remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular zoom workshops and trainings.
Note: This is a Front-End Engineering position, for candidates with 1-2+ years experience. We have another "sister" role posted (Senior Front-End Engineer) for candidates with 3-5+ years experience. If the Senior role is a better fit for you, please consider applying for that role instead, which you can find on Exygy's Careers page.
We are constantly searching for opportunities to create digital products to radically improve people's access to social services. Exygy seeks an enthusiastic, experienced, and creative Frontend Engineer who is passionate about making a difference in the world with technology. Join our tight-knit and growing team to build a wide variety of high-impact projects with our civic and health sector clients. This is a full-time remote position.
As a front-end engineer, you’ll start off spending most of your time on one of our largest projects, an affordable housing platform. You’ll work with our cross-functional core team, and our network of remote contributors to define, design, and deliver high-quality web software.
You will spend most of your time contributing to front-end services built with React and Typescript. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the back-end services and other projects which utilize different languages and technologies, such as: migration of older AngularJS code into modern framework; back-end services and API integrations built in Node, Rails, and integrated with external systems. Exygy has more than 12 years of successful project delivery and we have projects with a breadth of tech stacks that reflect this.
You'll be working collaboratively with our clients at times, but the role is focused on building and maintaining software, not being a consultant. You’ll also have the opportunity to make your mark on the engineering team, helping us to grow in number and in craft.
- Write code that meets the standards set by senior members and develop features that meet the acceptance criteria outlined by the PM.
- Review pull requests, provide feedback, and pair with other engineers on difficult problems.
- Participate in the technical design process, and build documentation of decisions to guide future contributors
- Ensuring code is tested and meets team code quality standards
- Size issues with a team based off of complexity of work, amount of work and risk or uncertainty
- Communicate the status of your work and any blockers on a regular basis with your team
Key Desired Experience
- 1-2+ years experience writing production code in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness to work between frameworks (migrating code from Angular to React)
- Experience with end-to-end testing.
- The skill, empathy, and desire to build with other engineers collaboratively through code reviews, joint design and mentorship
- Ability to effectively collaborate with design and product teams
- Comfort working in public repositories, and commitment to a working style that encourages outside contributors.
- Demeanor to thrive in a high-change environment, where multiple simultaneous projects are the norm
- Discipline to be effective on a team with lots of personal flexibility, but high expectations.
Impress Us With Your
- Experience building React and Typescript applications using and contributing to a UI component library
- Your ability to implement, debug, and optimize complex React components.
- Ability to support other engineers in the implementation of end-to-end testing
- Contribution to an open-source project or community
- Contributions to improve the engineering teams you were a member of, both as engineers and as teams.
- Knowledge of technical trends, emerging techniques, and sources for ongoing innovation in our work.
- Your experience in client-facing environments, working to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 - $100,000. Exygy offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with employer match; professional development budget; home office budget and wifi credit; monthly wellness stipend; unlimited paid time off; profit sharing bonuses and paid volunteer time.
EEO & Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are actively seeking to create a diverse and equitable work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.