Data Analyst, Business Intelligence (CMDO)
Cityblock Health · Remote (USA)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Data Analyst, Business Intelligence (CMDO) is primarily responsible for reporting, analytics, dashboard design, and development and implementation of strategic reporting architecture of Business Intelligence at the care management trend level. This individual must demonstrate an extensive understanding of complex SQL and/or SAS coding methodology, report and dashboard design, automation, data governance, ETL concepts, and should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. A practical understanding of the healthcare industry, and more specifically medical data related to health insurance claims, EHR, healthcare reporting, and healthcare statutes and regulations is required.
The senior analyst must have proven competency in data mining, investigating and reporting on highly structured or unstructured data, re-engineering existing queries to enhance performance, and identifying gaps in performance and data integrity.. As a Healthcare Business Intelligence Associate, you would work as part of a cross-functional team to create and maintain dashboards and other information products for our Care Management Delegation division. This role will be one of the main individuals responsible for synthesizing complex healthcare data and creating compelling, visual insights to drive initial market strategy and performance. This is a unique opportunity to launch deeply impactful clinical partnerships, aligning external partners with internal teams to lead change in the healthcare industry and to provide better healthcare outcomes for those who need it most.
You must be curious - excited to sink your teeth into complex problems across disciplines, untangle them and communicate your findings to the team. Behind every data element is a real person with real problems that Cityblock is working hard to address, and you are responsible for delivering accurate and timely information products to steer these efforts. You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of program components with respect to how to drive performance.
You must love collaboration, analysis and communication, and will work cross functionally with Implementation, Operations, Analytics, Compliance and Clinical teams.
You’ll help to design and develop the reporting tools to measure operations - e.g. clinical, outreach and quality-related key performance indicators. You are forward thinking and can bounce between understanding data requirements and architecture to deriving and producing useful operational and performance dashboards. You can translate data insights into meaningful business cases to tell stories that drive action.
Requirements for the Role:
- 2+ years of professional experience with at least 1 year using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.) to develop metrics, data visualization, dashboards and a variety of information products for business users
- You possess strong analytical and statistical skills to evaluate and analyze data - you know how to organize and clean data for analysis, you have experience with large and small data sets, you can translate data into static and dynamic information products for audiences ranging from front-line teams to executives, and proudly tell your friends and family about your spreadsheet skills
- You have experience presenting technical outputs or concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and set expectations with colleagues and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience with healthcare data (e.g. claims, EHR/EMRs, HIE feeds, Pharmacy Benefits, etc) operational workflow management and standard clinical metrics and taxonomies (DRGs, total cost of care, HCC, etc)
- You have demonstrated ability to engage, inspire, and build credibility and trust with your teams
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- SQL and/or SAS coding
- Experience managing large projects.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with data administration, design, and architecture.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, thought leadership and the business value of solutions in a clear and understandable way.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete, accurate dashboards and other informations products to inform operations
- On time, high quality delivery of assignments
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in our design and implementations
- Experience in Healthcare payer or provider setting (hospital, insurer, health tech, consulting), ideally focused on value-based care economics and operating models
- Proficiency using scripting languages, particularly SQL, to load, transform, query and manipulate existing databases
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $90,323.00 to $100,100.00. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.