Fellowship Product Manager
Pursuit · Long Island City, NY
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, and employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs and thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate and collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And it’s not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, and everything in between. We also activate and engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts and professionals help keep our curriculum fresh and our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, and Capstone projects.
About the Role
As Pursuit’s first Fellowship Product Manager, you will work alongside the senior leadership and program teams to develop and implement a Fellowship product roadmap that aligns with Pursuit principles, drives Fellowship outcomes, and delivers a cohesive integrated experience for Fellows. You will report directly to Pursuit’s Chief Operating Officer, and work cross functionally across the organization (including the Fellow Recruitment (Growth team) , Core Training Team, Job Search ( Employment team), Marketing and Finance teams) to ensure we have the communications, systems and strategies in place to meet our program outcomes. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced product manager to bring their skills to the intersection of technology and social impact to drive Pursuit’s mission and outcomes.
As a Fellowship Product Manager you will:
- Serve as subject matter expert on and champion of the Fellowship product and go-to-resource for product questions
- Lead ideation, development, and prioritization of Pursuit Fellowship roadmap based on stakeholder input, data, alignment with overall Pursuit strategy, business model, and principles
- Design, implement, and optimize end-to-end Fellow experience for all touchpoints
- Manage all Pursuit Fellowship principle / design-related communications / training to Fellows (working with Communications team.)
- Collaborate across functions including: program, finance, operations, legal, etc. to drive product development, operations, and adoption.
What you need to be considered for Fellowship Product Manager role:
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in product management, management consulting, and/or related fields
- Demonstrated experience leading and build buy in across cross-functional teams
- Strong familiarity with the tech startup industry
- Capable of strategic thinking and methodical execution toward goals
- Proven track record of collecting and using data to inform decision-making
- Flexible and capable of navigating ambiguity
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and research-minded
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Extremely motivated and inspired by Pursuit’s mission
Where you’ll work:
- Hybrid: 2 days a week in our HQ in Long Island City and 3 days wherever you work best.
Compensation: $130,000 - $150,000
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, and kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus and a full benefits package
- 401k plus match
- Unlimited PTO and an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- An opportunity to work at the intersection of tech and social impact, and make a direct impact on the communities of those we serve.
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives and affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.