Software Engineer, Customer Growth
Planet · Remote (USA)
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineer who is thirsty to learn, has proven grit/tenacity in tackling difficult problems, and is passionate about building great infrastructure that others want to use. In this role, you'll join a dynamic and fast-paced team and will work on building and maintaining key infrastructure that supports the Earth Data Platform. You'll have the opportunity to work on new features, improve our existing products/infrastructure, and will be empowered to make an impact on our customers and our company. Bonus points if you have experience in authentication technologies such as OAuth and IAM.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Building great infrastructure and tooling for developers, both internal and external
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and launch new functionality
- Participating in code reviews to maintain high code quality and standards
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Learning and growing as a developer while making an impact on our products
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience building backend services and infrastructure that scales and is easy to evolve
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices and development methodologies
- Experience with Python or Golang
- Experience with authentication technologies such as OAuth and IAM is a plus
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Grit or tenacity to tackle difficult problems and overcome obstacles
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with cloud computing (GCP) and distributed systems
- Experience with React and front-end development
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $110,000 - $180,000. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.