User Experience Designer
NovoEd · Remote (USA)
NovoEd is a rapidly-growing company that is a leader in the online learning revolution, with its learning platform used by organizations looking to create the best learning experiences for its employees. Our technology enables the creation and delivery of engaging global learning experiences that lead to sustainable behavior change and enable business transformation.
Who Are You?
We are seeking a highly motivated UX Designer, who is passionate about education and technology. As a User Experience designer, you will be working closely with the product development team to create an intuitive and innovative experience for our users, solving meaningful problems to improve the learning/teaching experience on the platform, and get first-hand experience working on a very complex platform that has many features and serves many different types of users.
What Will You Do?
- Designing reusable, scalable, and highly interactive learning and teaching experiences
- Ensuring our busy learners can learn effectively and efficiently
- Working closely with the product management team to define, design, and mock the product specs
- Visualizing complex learner and admin experience to provide elegant UX/UI solutions
- Providing production-ready mocks and assets for engineers to build, and working closely with them to solve real-world issues
- Conducting user research to know first-hand knowledge of our target users
- Hosting brown bags to communicate design projects and gather feedback from the client-facing teams
What Skills Are Needed for This Role?
- You have 5+ years of experience designing products that real users have used
- Your past work has examples of solving real-world problems for your users
- You don’t mind wearing multiple hats, you can conduct user research, analyze research findings, create wireframes and user flows, sketch out high-fidelity mockups, create prototypes, and conduct usability tests to validate the design.
- You can communicate your ideas well, listen to different ideas, and know how to present your ideas effectively and efficiently
- You have a keen eye for details
- You enjoy bringing in the creativity to solve complex user experience problems
- A Master’s degree related to User Experience design or similar disciplines is highly preferred
Salary range for this position: $120K-$130K base salary + bonus
Why Will You Love NovoEd?
- A collaborative work environment
- Paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Flexible vacation days
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- Phone bill reimbursements (Yes! Your personal phone bill!)
- Internet bill reimbursements
NovoEd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.