Technology Intern (Summer 2023)
Candid · Remote (US) / New York, NY / Atlanta, GA / Cleveland, OH / Williamsburg, VA
Candid seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid development staff to review, refine, test, and document software.
POSITION: Technology Intern (Summer 2023)
REPORTING TO: Senior Director of Quality Assurance
SCHEDULE: Up to 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm during the Summer 2023 semester (June, July, August)
LOCATION: Flexible (remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; or Williamsburg, VA)
COMPENSATION: $15- $25/hour (compensation may vary based on year in school and location)
- Exposure to the day to operations of the Candid Agile/Scrum development process.
- Exposure to creative approach to design problems, meetings, and brainstorming concepts.
- Exposure and use of Postman, Selenium, and internally developed software to test web sites and RESTful APIs.
- Exposure to the processes and practices of project management for design-related projects.
Candid (candid.org), the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy, seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid development staff to review, refine, test, and document automated QA software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the ability to think and learn quickly, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and an appreciation for the activities of the nonprofit sector.
Interns will be expected to participate in Candid training programs and present on their work at a Town Hall at the conclusion of their internship.
- Ability to develop in Microsoft .NET.
- Work within an Agile Development framework.
- Design, implementation, and support of automated unit and integration tests.
- Work closely with Product Teams to understand the “definition of done”.
- Pursuing a degree computer science or related field.
- Technical inclination with a sound understanding of computers, software development, and a thirst for knowledge.
- Knowledge of T-SQL and SSMS a plus but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET or Python.
- Professional, positive attitude.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please add "Technology Intern (Summer 2023) - Tech Jobs for Good" to the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.