Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Analyst
Equal Justice Works · Washington, DC / Hybrid
Status: Full-time - Exempt
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Location: Hybrid (requires at least two days of in-office work each week); Washington, D.C.
Deadline: Apply by April 10th for best consideration. Early applications are encouraged.
ABOUT EQUAL JUSTICE WORKS
Equal Justice Works is the nation’s largest facilitator of opportunities in public interest law. We achieve this through creating Fellowship programs for lawyers and community organizers, hosting the largest national public interest law career fair, advocating for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and supporting law students pursuing public interest law careers.
We bring together an extensive community of law schools, law students, lawyers, community organizers, legal services organizations, and supporters to promote a lifelong commitment to public service and equal justice. Following their Fellowships, more than 85% of our Fellows remain in public service positions, continuing to pursue equal justice for under-resourced communities across the country.
Equal Justice Works looks to continue its strong record of championing economic security and long-standing legal protections. Under the direct supervision of the IT Director, the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Analyst will work closely with business stakeholders to analyze the organization’s business requirements and translate them into functional specifications for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution is designed and implemented to meet the unique needs of Equal Justice Works.
The incumbent will have a strong foundation in reporting and data analytics and be able to effectively manage and analyze data within the Dynamics 365 system. They will also possess an in-depth understanding of business processes and possess the ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications, as well as the ability to ascertain the day-to-day operational needs of customers and identify areas for improvement in business processes and propose solutions.
Ensure the continual analysis of large data sets to identify effective ways of boosting organizational efficiency. The responsibilities of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Analyst includes:
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional specifications for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure that the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution meets the unique needs of Equal Justice Works.
- Ability to create, modify, and run reports using tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, or Excel.
- Strong understanding of the Dynamics 365 data structure, entities, relationships, fields, and data types.
- Ability to create data visualizations in order to better understand and communicate insights to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain reports to meet business needs of stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain documentation for Microsoft Dynamics 365 configurations, customizations, and integrations.
- Perform testing and validation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions.
- Participate in design and review sessions with development teams to ensure that the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution is designed to meet business requirements
- Participate in developing project plans, scoping, and costing to ensure successful implementation.
- Ensure adherence to project timelines and budgets.
- Communicate progress and status of the implementation to the project team and client stakeholders.
- Configure flows and workflows to automate business processes.
- Provide training and support to end-users of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improving business processes using the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALITIES
- No less than 3 years of experience as a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Analyst.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation and customization.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 modules such as Sales, Marketing, Service, Finance, and Operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 reporting tools.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills
- Desire to stay current with new technologies and solutions
- Ability to work independently and across multidisciplinary teams
- Detail-oriented and able to use good judgment when making decisions
- Demonstrated commitment to the importance of collaboration, teamwork, and a positive and strong organizational culture.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office 365 Suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with marketing automation tools is a plus.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications are a plus.
The salary is $85,000 based on experience. Health and well-being are a top priority at Equal Justice Works. They offer a comprehensive suite of benefits designed to support your total health and wellbeing, including 14 days of annual vacation leave; additional paid holiday leave the week between Christmas and the New Year; 16 weeks of paid parental leave for those w/EJW 6 months or more; excellent medical and dental insurance with Equal Justice Works paying 100% for employee premiums and 75% for dependent premiums; and a $1000 professional development stipend per year.
Good Insight, a national nonprofit executive search firm headquartered in Washington, DC, is assisting with this search. Visit www.good-insight.org/careers to upload application materials. Confidential references and inquiries about the role may be directed to Kessa Thompson at [email protected].
For best consideration, applications should be received by April 10, 2023. Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter that describe their interest in and qualifications for this role, emphasizing their leadership experiences. Qualified applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged due to the pace of the search.
BACKGROUND AND REFERENCE CHECKS
Finalists for this position will be required to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background and reference check as a condition of employment.
Equal Justice Works is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. This employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, stretch, and kneel for long periods of time; frequently required to talk, hear, and use repetitive hand motions; and should possess the ability to push, pull, and lift up to 30 pounds unassisted.
As a condition of this position, which is required to work at the Equal Justice Works office, and as a part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and visitors, Equal Justice Works is requiring all employees that work in the Equal Justice Works office to receive an FDA-authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Justice Works is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and encourages people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, work, and life experiences to apply. Contact Kessa Thompson ([email protected]) to request reasonable accommodation for this application process.