IT Senior Associate-DC
Arabella Advisors · Washington, DC
Data + Analytics
Partners & Advocates
$70,000 - $88,000 Per YearPosted 2 weeks ago
IT Senior Associate, Information Technology (Washington, DC)
A collaborative and service-oriented IT professional with strong skills in overseeing IT infrastructure who will provide IT support to Arabella’s Washington, DC office.
Arabella Advisors is looking for a collaborative and service-oriented IT Infrastructure Manager for its Information Technology team in our Washington, DC office. This mid-level role is a primary IT support technician for our Washington, DC office users and a support engineer for our Azure-based infrastructure. This role requires being in the office with some flexibility for occasional remote work.
- Oversee all aspects of software, hardware, networking, A/V, and coordination of IT support in our Washington, DC office, including managing procurement partners.
- Oversee all aspects of our Microsoft Azure software, hardware, and endpoint device management including testing, deployment, and updates via Endpoint Management.
- Play a lead role in developing, planning, documenting, and implementing infrastructure enhancements and policies in collaboration with vendors and the infrastructure team.
- Actively monitor, optimize, and respond to infrastructure issues and incidents to maintain overall health and security of infrastructure services.
- Manage relationships with certain IT contractors, vendors, and escalate issues as needed to relevant specialists.
- Provide business context, guidance, and SLA review to our primary MSP support partner.
- Work independently and as part of a team to support organizations on incidents, support requests, projects, and other initiatives.
- Utilize Arabella’s IT Service Management application to track activities.
- Research and make recommendations about improving overall Physical and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Participate in New Hire Employee setup, processing, onboarding, and IT training.
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree Preferred, or equivalent level of experience (5 years of experience without an Associate's degree or 7 years of experience without a Bachelor's degree)
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferred in Infrastructure, Cisco Meraki, and Microsoft EndPoint Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred in Windows Operating Systems and System Administration
Additional Preferred Skills
- Microsoft Azure
- SD-WAN experience
Our Core Competencies
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective.
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
- The ability to integrate DEI into work processes and demonstrate understanding of how oppression, privilege, and power present in interactions and work
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s IT Team
We are a growing team supporting the firm’s productivity and LOB technology portfolio. Arabella IT are responsible for realizing Arabella’s vision of becoming a technology-enabled organization capable of meeting and exceeding the firm’s aggressive growth goals and furthering our mission of taking our clients’ ideas to impact.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits)
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our compensation ranges are based on salary ranges for similar sized organizations in the professional services sector and adjusted for local labor market rates and differentiated by geography.
Washington, DC: $70,000 - $88,000
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance- On average Arabella pays 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off- 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan- We offer a 4% employer match on a dollar-per-dollar basis, and there is no waiting or vesting period; all funds contributed by you and Arabella are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
Working with Us
While this position must be based in Washington, DC, please note that all Arabella Advisors’ offices have reopened, and we work in a hybrid environment.
We reopened our offices in Summer of 2022 and work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. We expect that after their initial onboarding, all Arabellans will have the choice of two hybrid schedules. Our hybrid schedule options include Flex, with 1-2 days per week in the office, or Office-based, with 3+ days per week in the office (or more if preferred) and the remaining days working at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Arabella Advisors requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.