Data Engineer II / BI Analyst
WorkMoney · Remote (US)
Title: Data Engineer II / BI Analyst (Growth and Acquisition)
Reporting to: Lead Data Engineer
Location: United States / Remote, requires U.S. work authorization
Term: Permanent Full Time
Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, target start mid April
WorkMoney is a nonprofit organization dedicated to lowering costs and raising incomes for all Americans to make American life more affordable and American families more economically secure. We provide products, services, perks, benefits, tips, and tools to help members improve their financial lives. We are a trusted source of information about financial matters, economic policy, and public debates about the economy. In 2023, we will be increasing our presence and investment across a broader range of paid, owned, earned and shared channels which will enable us to advance our core vision that everyone in America can afford to live a good life. You can find out more about WorkMoney at workmoney.org and Facebook.
Why are we looking for a Data Engineer / BI Analyst?
In our first two years of operation, we built things fast and relied on a web of vendors, platforms, staff, and consultants to do so. As the organization grows and the work becomes more complex, we’ve invested in growing our Data Science & Analytics team to increase internal capacity to manage our data environment and build the foundations for making smart data-informed decisions across platforms. With significant investments being made in our web presence and growth programs this year, we’re ready to add another member to our team to take one of our largest programs to the next level.
What are we looking for?
WorkMoney is looking for a Data Engineer to build and monitor pipelines to various social media platforms and internal data systems, while also analyzing existing processes and investigating problem areas. Successful candidates will have experience with owning and building APIs, investigating and diagnosing data inaccuracies, and managing external relationships with relevant vendors. We also need someone who can analyze the data and create reporting dashboards to showcase performance and other program metrics. This role will be a combination of engineering and analytics as we build out the program and analyze incoming data to show progress. A unique role for a solutions oriented engineer who wants to flex their technical and cross-functional communication skills.
- Build, test, and monitor APIs to various social media platforms (including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
- Troubleshoot data issues with various internal and external partners, such as missing data and repairing broken pipelines
- Create and maintain documentation and training materials
- Maintain reporting dashboards to communicate insights across the organization
- Respond to requests for data and reporting in a timely manner
- Practical experience designing and controlling APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with AWS and Redshift integrations
- Ability to analyze and communicate data in clear visualizations and dashboards, such as creating infrastructure and schema diagrams
- Self-motivated problem solver with a knack for sniffing out data inaccuracies
- Scope out new tools and recommend improvements to current systems and processes
- Big picture thinker with excellent communication skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with and managing external consultants or vendors
- Knowledge of other data programming languages
- Experience working at high-growth companies and interest in building systems that can scale with increased traffic and larger datasets
We’re proud to offer generous benefits like competitive pay, expansive paid time off options, and employer contributions to retirement and student loan repayment. The salary for this role is $90,000 annually and as part of our commitment to pay transparency and equity in our organization, the salary for this position is not negotiable. WorkMoney covers the premiums for healthcare, dental, and vision plans so you don’t have to, offers a 6% 401K employer match, four weeks paid vacation, generous paid family and medical leave, and annual allowances for remote work and professional development.
Why join our team?
Our workplace is dynamic and we aren’t afraid to pivot when things don’t work. We’re mission driven, hard working, and scrappy AF. We have a good time working on hard things, and embrace the line ‘feedback is a gift’. We jump in to help each other, and make time to reflect when things go well and not so well. The truth of the matter is: we’re doing cool stuff with really cool people and having a great time doing it.
WorkMoney is an equal opportunity employer. WorkMoney prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We see diversity of all kinds as a necessary precondition to doing our work well and strive to build a team that reflects the diverse composition of America itself. We strongly encourage applicants from historically under-represented communities to apply.
Follow the link to the application page, complete the required fields, and submit a resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
**Please do not reach out directly to any team members. If you’d like additional information or to check the status of your application, email [email protected].**