Renaissance · Remote (USA)
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The Accessibility Analyst will help Renaissance Learning achieve our mission of accelerating learning for all by ensuring our EdTech products are accessible to students and educators. This position will not only test, seek, and consult on accessibility issues at all stages of the lifecycle, but will work with the team to mature this capability, provide training and interpersonal process improvement support.
In this role you will:
- Test and analyze product software for accessibility issues and work with developers and designers to define and implement solutions
- Work with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure requirements and stories fully represent users with disabilities
- Advise designers and product teams to ensure designs and pre-development technical decisions will produce accessible products
- Explain accessibility issues and their implications to design, engineering, content, and business teams
- Be a point of contact for accessibility-related documentation including VPATs
- Design, develop, and deliver accessibility-related training
For this role, you must have:
- 5+ years of proven experience with demonstrable expertise in accessibility (508/WCAG) analysis, design, and testing as well as working with teams to bring about improvements in process and efficiency
- Significant experience in testing digital products using Screen Readers such as JAWS, NVDA, Talkback, Voiceover, and other accessibility tools throughout various stages of the development process
- Experience helping teams evolve from no accessibility to strong, sustained accessibility built into their structure, process, culture, and products
- Domain Expertise in HTML, CSS, ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications)
- Experience with QA, UX, and engineering processes and principles
- Users of assistive technology are encouraged to apply
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For:
Salary Range: $82,200 - $123,400. This range is based on national market data and may vary by experience and location.
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team! Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products. Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.