Senior Marketing Automation Technologist
Granicus · Remote (US)
Data + Analytics
Public Service & Civic Engagement
$85,000 - $100,000 Per YearPosted 6 days ago
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Government ExperienceCloud. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 300 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
The Granicus Experience Group (GXG) is Granicus’ in-house digital agency, a cross-functional team of strategists, analysts, communicators and Granicus technology experts focused on customer experience and digital communications. We leverage best-in-class human-centered practices and a design-thinking approach to help our federal, state and local government customers better connect with the people they serve. We discover better insights, build better experiences, and achieve better outcomes.
GXG is a fast-growing agency at a high-growth tech company, seeking a Senior Marketing Automation Technologist for our Platform Practice Area to develop innovative Granicus technology solutions to fit the unique needs of our customers. The ideal candidate will have technical consulting expertise in marketing automation, a master of implementing a strategy across multiple channels through drip campaigns and one-to-one triggered communications via email and SMS. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge of email and SMS campaign management, marketing automation, and channel metrics.
Our Senior Consultants for Platform use creative problem-solving skills and technical expertise to ensure that the approach to Granicus technology supports the overall goals and strategy for customer experience and digital communications that GXG defines in partnership with our customers.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of pushing marketing technology to meet customers’ needs, preferably within the government. Candidates will have experience facilitating technical discovery sessions, analyzing data to inform strategies, and working on large-scale or program-level projects for customers. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, customer-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government customers.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary $85,000-100,000 + bonus + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Who We Are:
- Data-driven thinkers, grounding our insights and recommendations for growth in measurable data and context.
- Human-centered design practitioners, understanding best practices, regardless of technology or use case, and always putting people at the center of our solutions.
- Digital content creators and strategists, applying best practices to key message development, evaluation of current client content, and identifying optimization opportunities.
- Innovators, leveraging design-thinking and other frameworks to keep our work fresh and help our customers adopt a mindset for change. We drive toward success with a spirit of experimentation and agility.
How We Show Up to Work:
- Demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and customers.
- Assume positive intent.
- Be collaborative. Create space for and be open to different expertise and experiences.
- Be dependable and reliable for our customers and our colleagues.
- Be organized and manage your own workload.
- Be proactive. Be willing to jump in, not wait to be told.
- Be willing to try something new, not dependent on documented examples.
- Be empathetic. Consider the human experience, needs and motivations of our customers and our colleagues.
- Be open to feedback. Listen with the same passion with which you want to be heard.
- Be curious. Gather information and knowledge. Consider new ideas and approaches. Consider what you might not know.
- Lead complex and comprehensive multichannel digital programs for public sector customers, with a heavy focus on developing effective, efficient technical solutions for delivery across Granicus’ evolving suite of digital products, including email, social media, SMS, and websites.
- Gather, document, and manage technical requirements with a human-centered approach, establishing trust and credibility with our customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise on how to architect and deliver marketing technology and data strategies that accelerate audience acquisition and conversions, through personalization and increasing customer engagement.
- Operationalize omnichannel customer journeys to help to define key segments and personas, empowering GXG to deliver more robust forms of segmentation and personalization at scale.
- Partner with GXG’s experience designers and analysts as a lead technical consultant to design and execute complex digital experiences via test and learn initiatives, deriving insights from post-campaign analysis, and optimizing programs to better deliver outcomes and impact.
- Demonstrate solution functionality to customers and stakeholders as needed
- Occasionally represent GXG in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
- 8+ years of experience in technical consultation for marketing automation solutions or digital advertising operations, leading multichannel digital programs for external customers, preferably in a digital or consulting agency serving government or at a government agency.
- A master of marketing automation tools, including for multichannel campaign management. Expertise with govDelivery preferred.
- Expert at gathering data and customer requirements to design scalable technical solutions.
- Deep experience creating technical journey maps and message templates based on unique user values for marketing automation solutions.
- Strong ability to facilitate complex discussions and communicate effectively at all levels in a heavy customer-facing capacity. Discovery workshop facilitation skills a plus.
- A nimble thinker, able to intake customer needs and respond strategically. A critical thinker, able to consult quickly on a broad range of marketing and technology topics.
- Experience working with web development teams, providing technical consultation and integration facilitation during requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation and operational phases
- Expertise with Web 2.0, social media and web Interactive capabilities, including digital communication options (email, SMS, RSS, etc)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Passion for public service, citizen engagement, and communication.
- Due to security requirements, this position is currently open only to U.S. citizens. Additionally, you must have been a resident of the U.S. during at least three (3) of the last five (5) years. Exceptions are possible for applications who worked for the U. S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; and/or been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas. Such applicants must be able to provide state-side reference coverage. State-side coverage information is required to make a suitability or security determination.
- Prior to the shutdown for the Covid-19 pandemic, GXG staff were expected to be available for on-site customer meetings with our federal, state and local customers. This included travel in some instances. As our customers' expectations and responses to the pandemic continue to evolve, GXG team members may once again be expected to be available for in-person customer and internal meetings.
- Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Due to security requirements, this position is currently open only to U.S. citizens. Additionally, you must have been a resident of the U.S. during at least three (3 ) of the last five (5) years. Exceptions are possible for applicants who worked for the U. S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; and/or been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas. Such applicants must be able to provide state-side reference coverage. State-side coverage information is required to make a suitability or security determination.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- And more!