Catchafire · Remote (USA)
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Catchafire has delivered over $219M in services to nonprofits, has facilitated over 1.1M hours of volunteering with over 17,000 volunteers, and we’re tracking to deliver $1B annually in services within 5 years. We have achieved ~40+% year over year revenue growth over the past several years and are poised for accelerated revenue and impact growth by scaling our foundation business.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
- Read our 2022 Impact Report
- See how our nonprofits have been serving their communities through COVID-19
- Get to know some of our Nonprofits more deeply
- Get to know our Nonprofit programming through our webinars
Catchafire is a remote-first workplace. We provide accommodations to help with home office set up. All roles are remote full time (unless stated in job description), with the expectation that the employee is willing and able to travel periodically as deemed necessary and beneficial.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment at this time.
About the Role and the Department
In addition to technical skills, you should be a self-motivated individual who can collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders remotely.
The Catchafire platform team is a global agile team with a goal to develop world-class products and launch them successfully to our audience of passionate volunteers and inspiring nonprofits.
- Work with Catchafire’s product team and other internal stakeholders to deliver value to our users, including developing ideas, establishing delivery dates, suggesting alternatives to increase ROI, improving UX, and supporting multiple devices.
- Self starter: You are capable of taking charge on a project. You are always looking for new technologies to explore and new ways to improve processes.
- Strategic thinker: You are not satisfied accepting unstated assumptions or taking direction without critical evaluation. You work hard to understand the underlying purpose of each assignment and the rationale behind existing processes. You have opinions and are not shy about expressing them.
- Strong Communication Skills: You communicate clearly and concisely. You have strong opinions loosely held and contribute your thoughts to the group. You argue your positions in an environment that encourages opposing viewpoints.
- Craftsperson: You are passionate about your code: its readability, quality, documentation and maintainability.
- Pragmatic perfectionist: Though you are driven to improve poor code and systems, you nevertheless maintain productivity and ship in challenging environments. You prioritize the right improvements at the right time.
- Humility: You like challenges and are happy to be proven wrong. You welcome every opportunity to teach or learn from others. You are eager to achieve and work at all levels of responsibility.
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, of if not all, of the following:
- 2+ years experience crafting responsive web pages using HTML/CSS
- 2+ years experience integrating frontend code with modern web frameworks (Django, Rails, etc)
- Experience with version control tools (Catchafire uses Bitbucket with git)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Less, SASS, etc)
- Experience working on consumer-facing web applications
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice to Have:
- VueJS skills strongly preferred
- Experience working with a remote-first team in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with Django or python
- Experience working in the social good sector
- Experience working on native mobile applications
- Familiarity with web components
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and geography. The range for this position is $80-$124K.
- Comprehensive benefits