UX / Interaction Designer
Terabase Energy · Berkeley, CA/Remote (USA)
What We Do
Terabase Energy is a solar technology company founded in 2019 by industry veterans and headquartered in Berkeley, California, USA. Our mission is to reduce the cost and increase the scalability of solar by building an interconnected digital and automation platform for the development, construction, and operations of utility-scale PV power plants.
The Terabase platform will facilitate the deployment of solar plants at more competitive costs, which will support both grid-connected PV plants as well as enable the cost-effective production of green hydrogen with PV in the future.
The Terabase Construct product team builds enterprise software for solar site owners and developers. In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders, our UX product lead, the product owner, and a team of developers to help map user stories and requirements to UI and interaction-design solutions on a variety of product features. You will also support the logic and design of our mobile app interactions and solutions.
- Collaborate closely with team’s Sr UX designer/researcher and product owner
- Produce wireframes and interactive prototypes that communicate design vision to stakeholders and developers
- Map out user flows, diagrams and models to facilitate discussions around complex topics
- Produce, manage, and maintain design-developer handoff documentation for developers
- Collaborate and co-lead on frontend visual design to support enterprise web application and related mobile apps
- Provide design support to internal teams and projects
- Online portfolio demonstrating design thinking, process, and design experience
- 3-5 years of industry experience working as a UX designer or interaction designer
- Experience working with industry tools for prototyping, design, and collaboration, such as Figma, Adobe CC, Miro, etc.
- Solid understanding usability principles and design patterns
- Passion for being a part of something big!
- Bachelor’s degree or formal education in HCI, HCD/UCD, UX design or related fields
- Bonus points for candidates with experience in any of the following domains:
- Dashboard design and data-visualization solutions
- Information architecture
- UX design for AI/ML projects
- Design systems
- Experience working in agile development environment
- Holistic thinking
- Collaborative, positive approach and strong communication skills
What We Offer
- Remote flexibility
- Flexible time off
- Monthly 3-day weekend policy
- 401k matching
- Stock options
- Generous health benefits
- Home office equipment expense support