Principal Product Manager
DreamBox Learning · Remote (USA)
About the Role:
As a Principal Product Manager, you'll partner with engineering, design, marketing and other key stakeholders to envision, define, and drive products within DreamBox’s award-winning, game-based student experience, and use data and user feedback to optimize learning and engagement. You will contribute to strategic decision making, working closely with the product leadership team to define roadmap and launches. This is a strategic role that enables the entire portfolio and requires continual customer obsession to deliver highly efficient student outcomes.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establish product vision, goals for your product areas and develop a product roadmap to achieve them.
- Wrestle hard strategic, technical, and design problems to the resolution, driving alignment with various partners to identify and design innovative solutions that benefit students and teachers.
- Understand, prioritize and advocate for the customer’s needs. Drive research where needed; Interacting directly with students, teachers, and industry experts.
- Define and analyze key metrics and experiments to inform decision-making and measure success.
- Clearly articulate data, insights and business requirements, distilling complexity down to its essence.
- Collaborate cross-functionally through the development process to bring features to life.
- Maintain prioritized backlog across multiple areas and track dependencies across the team.
- Seek opportunities to improve team practices and processes, and mentor others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related STEM field
- 8+ years of Product Management experience building and launching SaaS or game-based products in an agile environment though multiple iterations
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense. Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly experiences
- Excellent analytical abilities to break down and solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with diverse teams.
- Experience working in dynamic environments to bring organization and focus to projects.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and presentation abilities, able to communicate complex ideas to a nontechnical audience
- Legally authorized to work in the US
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected base salary range for this position is $145,920 – $189,880 USD annually based on several factors, including experience and geography. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus or sales commission bonus, depending on the role, and benefits that are designed to support you & your family. If you are hired at DreamBox Learning, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on considerations such as geographic location, skills, responsibilities of the role, education, and/or relevant experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the compensation of our current team members as a part of evaluating and extending any final offer.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Front Loaded (4 weeks)
- Accrued Sick Time
- DreamBox "Hero Days" Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 9 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.