NovoEd · Remote (USA)
NovoEd builds the next generation of learning technology to offer engaging learning experiences at scale through social collaborative and experiential learning. Our platform is used by enterprise companies including those in the Fortune 500, top universities, training firms, and foundations, around the world to provide experiential and collaborative learning to adult learners. These online learning experiences replicate in-person learning experiences such as workshops that have traditionally been hard to bring online. Social collaboration and peer learning are not only built into our product, but also the DNA of our company. We have a collaborative team with a passion for learning and an amazing culture.
The Data Analyst will report to the VP of Product and be a key partner of the R&D, Revenue Operations and Customer Experience teams. The role is expected to provide deep analysis of data and then determine the best way visualize it for customers, business partners and management. This will require solving business problems by customizing the Salesforce and Churn Zero platforms as well as setting up data pipelines using open-source relational database management systems with wysiwyg type tools. The Data Analyst will create metrics and charts using embedded analytics tools, resolve data issues with the quality assurance team, and liaise with the design team on aesthetics and the user experience aspects of dashboards. The Data Analyst will be the owner of the embedded analytics tool, and be responsible for managing the data vendors, including the reporting and resolution of issues.
- Manage dashboards, reports and insights for customers as well as the product, sales, marketing, and customer experience teams.
- Gather requirements, configure changes, design best practice solutions, data governance and reporting for the Salesforce and Churn Zero platforms.
- Deliver data sources relevant to customer engagement and the use of the NovoEd product into the SaaS product data store; Use APIs or MySQL to bring data in from relevant sources.
- Design data sets that are performant, can sync data with a lag of at most 30 minutes using a tool like AWS ETL/AWS GLUE.
- Create metrics and charts using a tool like Tableau, Google and Excel Charts.
- Generate, evaluate, and improve in-product, problem focused dashboards.
- Work with Product, Design, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams to ship dashboards to production systems.
- Partner with the Product, Revenue Operations, and Customer Success and Support teams to answer specific data questions that are not yet built into the SaaS product.
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL writing complex queries.
- 2+ years of experience creating and modeling performant data sets as well as deep data analysis.
- 5+ years of experience building charts and dashboards in tools like Salesforce, Churn Zero and Tableau.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and manage cross-functional projects.
- Advanced technical, analysis and modeling skills in data analytics tools, python and Excel (pivot, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Experience using data analytics to support assumptions and develop business cases.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex analysis into actionable recommendations.
- Compelling storytelling and presentation skills.
- Client centricity, empathy and deep curiosity to find deeper answers to data questions.
What will set you apart:
- Experience working with a wide variety of business data sources.
- Experience with predictive analytics and data visualizations.
- Salesforce Administrator experience
NovoEd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary range: The base pay for this role is up to $110k base + bonus. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.