Senior Product Designer
Curative · Austin, TX
Curative is reimagining health insurance - with straightforward pricing and $0 out of pocket costs. Help us create a better healthcare experience for our members by making it easy & intuitive for them to access the care they need.
We believe in a clear, simple health plan that allows our members to get zero-cost in-network care anytime they need it. We want to put healthcare back in the hands of the patient and clinicians, with a focus on preventative care.
Our full stack technology platform lets us see the bigger picture of our member’s health and connect them with programs and support that improve their health and quality of life.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team in building a better healthcare experience. This role will lead the end-to-end design process; from concept ideation to prototyping and high-fidelity visual designs. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Research and Engineering to develop a deep understanding of our members, using that knowledge to design exceptional experiences. You will work closely with stakeholders from across the business, incorporating feedback and speaking with confidence on the rationale behind design decisions and the impact of your work.
This is a very exciting and dynamic time for our team. We are at the beginning of our journey to reimagine health insurance. How do we simplify the insurance experience and remove barriers to care? How do we design systems that engage people with their health and empower them? In this role you’ll have the opportunity to dive deeply into complex challenges and work with your team to define innovative solutions and experiences through user-centered design practices. If you’re intrigued by challenges like these we’d love to hear from you.
Our team is remote, and we’re dedicated to creating an ambitious and diverse organization to represent and support the patients we serve.
Finally it's important to us that everyone on our team be prepared to work with and supportive of a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. Our organization is built on trust and mutual respect, we know that it's only together that we achieve truly great things.
- Lead the end-to-end design process for their product team; creating deliverables such as user flows, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and polished visual designs
- Collaborate with User Research to conduct usability testing and qualitative research
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to ensure design aligns with business goals and technical requirements, while meeting the needs of our members
- Present work to stakeholders for feedback; managing expectations & trade-offs
- Work with team members to evolve our existing design standards & components into a functional and beautiful design system
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to solve complex problems and build solutions incorporating the Design Thinking Process as needed
Please reach out if this describes your experience
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Product Design, Interaction or User Experience Design
- Demonstrated ability to design across multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, tablet etc)
- Expertise in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong aesthetic skills and a compulsive attention to detail - if something is off by 1px, you notice and take action
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Experience working in cross-functional agile teams
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates an understanding of user centered design principles
- Bonus: Experience in the healthcare industry and/or working on early stage products/startups
Projects you’ll work on
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects that help define and enhance the experience of our members while empowering people to be more engaged with their healthcare; improving their health and quality of life.