Senior Data Engineer
Kalderos · Remote (USA)
About Our Organization
At Kalderos, we are building unifying technologies that bring transparency, trust, and equity to the entire healthcare community with a focus on pharmaceutical pricing. Our success is measured when we can empower all of healthcare to focus more on improving the health of people.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/about
That success is driven by Kalderos’ greatest asset, our people. Our team thrives on the problems that we solve, is driven to innovate, and thrives on the feedback of their peers. Our team is passionate about what they do and we are looking for people to join our company and our mission.
That’s where you come in!
What You'll Do
For the position, we’re looking for a collaborative organizational builder. Across all roles, we look for future team members who will live our values of Collaboration, Inspired, Steadfast, Courageous, and Excellence.
- Work with product teams to understand and develop data models that can meet requirements and operationalize well
- Build out automated ETL jobs that reliably process large amounts of data, and ensure these jobs runs consistently and well
- Build tools that enable other data engineers to work more efficiently
- Try out new data storage and processing technologies in proof of concepts and make recommendations to the broader team
- Tune existing implementations to run more efficiently as they become bottlenecks, or migrate existing implementations to new paradigms as needed
- Learn and apply knowledge about the drug discount space, and become a subject matter expert for internal teams to draw upon
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years work experience as a Data Engineer in a professional full-time role
- Experience building ETL pipelines and other services for the healthcare industry
- Managing big data implementations – have worked on various implementations for how to scale vertically and horizontally data implementations that manage millions of records.
- Experience with dbt and Snowflake
- Professional experience in application programming with an object oriented language
Set Yourself Apart
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka or Event Hubs
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Azure Data Factory
- DevOps knowledge, experience with tools like Terraform
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
Salary Range: $140,000 - $180,000
Highlighted Company Perks and Benefits
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
401k with company match
Flexible work schedule and location
Unlimited PTO with a 10 day minimum
24 company holidays, including closures for 1 week in the summer and 1 week in the winter
Opportunity for growth
Annual continuing education stipend
- Donation matching for charitable contributions
Bi-annual celebration stipend to spend on celebrating personal or professional wins
- Travel reimbursement for healthcare services not available near your home
Doordash DashPass subscription with some company-provided lunches
What It’s Like Working Here
We thrive on collaboration because we believe that all voices matter and we can only put our best work into the world when we work together to solve problems.
We empower each other: from our DEI Council to affinity groups for underrepresented populations we believe in ensuring all voices are heard.
We know the importance of feedback in individual and organizational growth and development, which is why we've embedded it into our practice and culture.
We’re curious and go deep. Our Slack channel is filled throughout the day with insightful articles, discussions around our industry, healthcare, and our book club is always bursting with questions.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
We know that job postings can be intimidating, and research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. We encourage you to apply if you think you may be a fit and give us both a chance to find out!
Kalderos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
We are a remote-first team with offices in Chicago and Milwaukee. Our team members have the option of being fully remote, fully on-site, or a hybrid combination that works best for each individual and their role.
Kalderos participates in E-Verify.