Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer
Verra · Remote (USA)
Verra is a global leader helping to tackle the world's most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a purposeful non-profit organization, Verra is committed to helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improving livelihoods, and protecting natural resources across the private and public sectors. We support climate action and sustainable development with standards, tools, and programs that credibly, openly, and robustly assess environmental and social impacts and enable funding to sustain and scale projects that verifiably deliver these benefits. We work in any arena where we see a need for clear standards, a role for market-based mechanisms, and an opportunity to generate significant environmental and social value.
Verra manages a portfolio of standards, including the:
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) -- the world’s leading carbon crediting program, with more than 1600 registered projects in 80 countries, and accounting for two-thirds of all voluntary carbon market transaction volume.
- Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta) -- a flexible framework for assessing and reporting on the sustainable development benefits of project-based activities.
- Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards -- to identify projects that simultaneously address climate change, support local communities, and conserve biodiversity.
- Plastic Waste Reduction Program -- to enable robust impact assessment of new or scaled-up waste recovery and recycling projects around the globe.
Verra’s Innovations team is expanding the technological solutions offering through a range of technology-transformation initiatives such as digitalizing and automating the process of measurement, reporting, and verification, utilizing ML tools to process data at scale, and enhancing the registry features. To support these initiatives, we are looking for a skilled, full-stack software engineer or application developer to support critically important software solutions in a collaborative and Agile environment.
A day with Verra’s collaborative Innovations Team might include...
- Engaging program managers, program officers, and technical specialists to create software solutions to ensure efficient customer support and scale-up GHG reductions and removals.
- Researching innovative technological tools such as automated processing of data and blockchain for issuing credits and determining how these technologies could be used by Verra to support its programs.
- Writing codes and unit tests for secured REST APIs services and web applications.
- Working in cloud computing technologies (i.e., Azure) to build scalable solutions.
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading...
- Developing customer-facing secured web applications to meet evolving business needs.
- Developing integration interfaces using Angular, .net (C#), SQL.
- Communicating between internal staff and external consultants on system specification, design analysis, and integration.
You bring with you...
- A degree in computing, mathematics, engineering, or a related field;
- Demonstrated ability in building integrated web applications involving database, REST API using C#, Angular, .Net Core, Entity Framework Core;
- 5+ years of experience working with the Agile team for software development and version control (e.g., git);
- Confidence building scalable solutions using Docker;
- Solid attention to detail and interest in knowledge management; and
- A positive demeanor, flexible personality, and team-player mentality.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by...
- Learning about technological innovations for advancing climate action and sustainable development through carbon markets and standards;
- Building a basic knowledge of the technological solution functions in a non-profit organization;
- Working at a fast-paced, environmentally-focused non-profit organization; and
- Researching innovative tools and technologies and designing solutions that will benefit the climate and environment.
You will know you are successful, if...
- Employees and partners are using the applications such as MRV and monitoring systems maintained and supported by you.
- You have led to create several software requirement documents and implemented applications and tools and made application integrations for data exchange across the platforms.
- You have effectively implemented enhancement requests from program managers and other key customers and addressed user-specific concerns.
You will join a team...
- From diverse locations and backgrounds;
- Committed to driving programs that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality web applications, database solutions, and analytical platforms using the latest and evolving technology stacks;
- That embodies the values Verra has established for itself, and which include Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance and Exploration.
- That is rapidly growing!
Compensation at Verra
To help us attract and retain top talent, we pay employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
We will recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and/or promotions, but the bar for earning those rewards is high.
The starting salary range is $84,000 – $105,000 USD. Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package, which also includes:
- Top-tier health, vision, and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO), comprising 22-30 days plus eleven floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional development.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us the following:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)
*Please add app.bamboohr.com to your contact list to ensure you receive emails from us*
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.