Data and Analytics Director
NextGen America · San Francisco, CA/Remote (USA)
The Data and Analytics Director plays an integral role in informing NextGen America’s program strategy and optimizing voter outreach using data and analytics methods. The Data and Analytics Director will be responsible for managing our data staff, contributing to targeting and universe creation for voter contact, and providing verbal and written data analysis and reporting internally (to leadership and staff) and externally (to partners, donors, and other stakeholders). The Data and Analytics Director must be a strategic leader and thinker, utilizing data to position NextGen as the preeminent leader in the youth vote space.
This role will report to the Vice President of Campaign Strategy.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice--and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 0-10%
End Date: ‘N/A’
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE:
- Manage, train, and mentor data team
- Oversight of list management and remote training and support to field team on data processes
- Develop and conduct micro-targeting, traditional, and non-traditional targeting for voter contact
- Analyze retrospective NGA and public data to inform future strategy
- Identify gaps in outreach and strategize internally or work with partners to gain broader coverage over our target audience
- Strategize new methods for building a broader list
- Track program progress to goals and growth
- Build reports and data visualizations to inform strategy
- Analyze data to develop a narrative to assist in sharing the story of our work to the public
- Analyze and strategically find opportunities to leverage youth vote data to support NextGen's effective programming and positioning NextGen as a leader in the youth vote space
- Develop processes to allow for accurate and streamlined reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- At least six years of campaign or non-profit experience executing voter contact programs, in a data role
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn both technical and non-technical skills
- Solid analytical reasoning and high attention to detail
- Mastery of VAN or a similar CRM
- Advanced Excel/ Sheets proficiency
- Competency in SQL and Python
- Experience in producing easy-to-understand reports and ability to “tell a story” using numbers.
- Experience breaking down complicated data that can easily be understood by the general public
- Ability to present to donors and external partners
Bonus for experience with any of the following:
- Data visualization using Tableau, Periscope, or similar program
- GIS/ mapping, geocoding
- Political data, modeling, and experiments
- Scripting, scraping, automation
- Statistical programming languages like Stata or R
- Project management, staff management, stakeholder engagement, or building training programs
The base salary range for this position is $98,000 - $117,000. The final base salary will be determined by various factors, including individual qualifications and internal parity, which will be objectively assessed during the interview process.
Our comprehensive benefits package plays an essential part in how we recognize you for your critical contribution toward our organization’s mission.
Taking Care of Your Future:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you and for your dependents
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan - we’ll match 100% up to 4% of your salary
Setting You Up for Success:
- Up to $150 per month to use toward your cell phone and internet costs
- $100 per month to use toward your personal health and wellness goals
- Flexible spending account for dependent care
- Professional development opportunities to help you achieve your best self
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.