Software Engineer III
Renaissance · Remote (USA)
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Our engineering team is responsible for empowering school systems across the country to take data-driven action by delivering timely, accurate, and actionable data. As a member of this team, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining software solutions using VB.NET, C#, SQL, and React. You will work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of software products.
As a Software Engineer II, you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain software solutions using VB.NET and MS SQL
- Work with the development team to identify and prioritize features, and deliver high-quality software products
- Develop and maintain code using best practices and standards, including source control and code review processes
- Collaborate with other teams, including designers and project managers, to ensure software products meet user needs and requirements
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, both independently and with the team, to ensure software products are stable and reliable
- Participate in code reviews, technical design reviews, and other team activities to ensure the team is producing high-quality code and software products
- Continuously research and evaluate new technologies and development methodologies to improve the team's skills and knowledge
For this role as Software Engineer II, you must have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong technical skills in VB.NET, C#, and React, including experience with SQL Server, .NET Framework, ASP.NET MVC, ReactJS, Redux, and related technologies
- Experience with database design and development, including SQL Server and Entity Framework, with an emphasis on SQL Server performance
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools, including Scrum and JIRA
- Knowledge of VPN and DevOps, with experience troubleshooting software applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $92,550 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products. Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.