Customer Support Engineer
Strive Messaging · Remote (US)
Strive Messaging is seeking a full-time Customer Support Engineer to join our growing Partnerships team.
As a digital tool used every day by leading organizers and political strategists, we’re constantly working to build relationships with our users by embracing their goals and objectives. Strive has a highly engaged user base that is constantly growing. The Customer Support Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for technical support across our platform. As the Customer Support Engineer, you'll use your problem-solving skills and passion for progressive politics to deliver value to the movements that use our tool.
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will troubleshoot technical issues with users, escalate bugs to full-stack engineers, and provide timely correspondence. To communicate with internal and external stakeholders, you’ll leverage your knowledge of Strive and political technology at large.
The Customer Support Engineer will provide critical insights into partner use cases. You'll inform the Product team on project prioritization and requirements as it relates to our partners’ needs. As an expert planner and effective collaborator, you'll work closely with our Product team to track and measure the progress of partner deliverables. From QAing feature requests to consulting partners on API best practices, the Customer Support Engineer will be empowering progressive movements.
If you are interested in amplifying the reach and impact of people-powered movements – we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish
- Manage incoming technical support tickets by scoping out potential bugs, and escalating them to internal stakeholders appropriately
- Translate technical concepts to user audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Troubleshoot user issues that arise and provide technical support
- Craft accurate and succinct updates with internal teams and external partners.
- QA new features and improvements, and confirm updates for bug fixes
- Fulfill custom data requests for customers
- Provision campaign and call numbers for new users with the long-term objective of automating request fulfillment
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years experience in a customer support role
- Experience with relational databases, such as Postgres SQL
- Ability to write SQL queries and fulfill customer requests
- A team player, who’s flexible from task to task
- Background working with a small team preferred
- Strong communication and self-management skills, you work constructively and respectfully with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds, including an understanding of how to share technical progress and manage expectations with both customers and internal teams
- Passion for progressive politics
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 90-120k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits, and Life Insurance with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
- 14 Week Paid Parental Leave following the addition of a new child to your family through birth and adoption.
- Office space/coworking space stipend
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and a statement of interest.
Strive Messaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.