Senior Data Scientist
MissionWired · Washington, DC/Remote (US)
Data + Analytics
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
$85,000 - $135,000 Per YearPosted 1 week ago
User Experience Design (UX)
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a mid-level to senior data scientist to join our team of data scientists and engineers in applying machine learning to online fundraising through our AdvantageAI product. You’ll be bringing state-of-the-art machine learning tools to the biggest database of its kind in the industry to support our mission-driven clients. Over the last few years alone, we’ve invented and honed an approach to digital cultivation that boosts response rates by 600%, and our data scientists are the brains behind The Digital Co-Op, the highest-quality acquisition platform in the online fundraising space.
You’ll join a team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Data-Driven: We are committed to using the power of data to support important causes.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let’s go.
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Thinking deeply about using data in creative ways to address client needs;
- Designing experiments to test advancements in modeling client data;
- Developing and enhancing the core models that power the AdvantageAI platform, supporting digital donor acquisition and UX optimization;
- 3-5 years of professional experience in designing and implementing machine learning solutions to business problems;
- A passion for statistical methodology, including an ability to unpack the assumptions and interpretations of various approaches, an openness and critical eye to the latest techniques, and a willingness to lead collaborations to find optimal solutions;
- Experience with Python;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues.
- Working knowledge of Pandas, PySpark, machine learning libraries;
- Familiarity with big data tools using AWS or other cloud services;
- Experience developing machine learning models;
- Experience with the product ideation process, such as in a research environment;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Salary range for this role is $85,000 to $135,000 per year, depending on experience.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!