Goalbook · Remote (USA)
$110,000 - $140,000 Per YearPosted 4 weeks ago
Continuous Integration (CI/CD)
User Experience Design (UX)
Do you have 1-3 years of full-time software engineering experience and realized you want to build products that help people in meaningful ways?
Have you wanted to build products that help people directly in meaningful ways?
Have you been an engineer at a large company where you feel like a cog in the wheel?
Are you looking to feel connected, inspired, and excited every day?
Our Mission and Values
Goalbook’s mission is to empower educators to transform instruction so that ALL students succeed. We were founded in 2011 and are currently a team of 80+ people, most of whom are former public school teachers. We now partner with over 700 school districts in 47 states, but we are just getting started! We aspire to build a diverse and inclusive company that can have a systemic and cultural impact on the US K-12 school system over the long term.
Our first core value is Relationships. We believe in the power of human connection and the importance of relationships across different strengths, backgrounds, personalities, and identities in order to achieve our shared goals and overall mission.
Our second core value is Growth. We strive to create a supportive environment so that people are continuously growing as professionals and increasing their impact. We also believe in having the time, space, and support to grow in our personal lives as well.
Our Engineering Team
We currently are a small, fully-remote engineering team responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining a user-facing, industry-leading application and multiple internal tools. Our team has been hugely impactful because we:
- Embrace the opportunity to work across different products and levels of the stack
- Have genuine ownership of products that further our mission and impact real educators
- Are enthusiastic about our work and have a proactive mindset that values learning
- Are flexible and open to change (e.g. technology, user feedback, business priorities)
- Support each other as people within our team and across our entire organization
- Appreciate the time and effort required for both our professional and personal endeavors – it’s not only work that matters
Who We’re Looking For
You must be a software engineer:
- With 1-3 years of full time software engineer experience
- Proficient in full stack web development including: modern frontend technologies, backend RESTful APIs, and data retrieval and storage through SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiar with version control, CI/CD, and cloud computing
- With work experience as a software engineer
- Motivated to grow professionally
- Bonus points: Knowledgeable in Python, machine learning, AI, or LLMs
- Applicants must already be authorized to work in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor new employment visas at this time.
- Contribute quality, well-tested code across the full stack and actively participate in code reviews to both learn and help teammates
- Design and implement new UX/UI, API, and infrastructure features and enhancements with a forward-thinking approach
- Provide teammates with regular communication, problem-solving assistance, and thoughtful feedback
- Collaborate with other teams to design, develop, and maintain an accessible, exceptional user experience for educators
- Maintain and continuously improve upon existing applications, infrastructure, and your own professional expertise
- Travel twice a year for company celebration weeks
We are always open to new technologies and their potential benefits to our work. Being familiar with all the components in our current stack is not required, but experience with similar modern full stack frontend, backend, and databases is.
- Golang, Ruby (API backend)
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redshift (NoSQL and SQL databases)
- AWS (e.g. ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch)
- Github, CircleCI, Docker (CI/CD)
- 110-140k compensation range, based on location and experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- Mental health services benefit
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application addressed to Joy Maloney and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about us. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter. This is a remote position based in the U.S.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture that can represent and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.