Data Engineer I
Energy Solutions · Remote (US)
Interested in joining a growing company where you will work with talented colleagues, enhance a supportive and energetic culture, and be part of the climate solution? At Energy Solutions, we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 28 years, we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Energy Solutions has a remote-friendly work environment for staff located throughout the United States. We also have offices in Oakland and Orange, California, Boston, Massachusetts, New York, and Chicago, IL, for those that wish to work from one of our offices.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop data-driven solutions that support business goals
- Analyze data sources and pipelines needed for the CODW project
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines, ETL processes, and data integration solutions for the CODW project using Python, SQL, and AWS technologies
- Develop and maintain a data warehouse and optimize data storage, processing, and retrieval
- Build schema, populate the database, and automate reporting
- Document and maintain technical specifications, ETL processes, data mappings, and dictionaries
- Support the Data Science Center of Excellence (DSCOE) with other data engineering needs
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Physics/Engineering, Business or Mathematics
- Experience in building ETL data pipelines, real-time pipelines are a plus
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Minimum 2 years of data warehouse development and strong fundamentals in dimensional data modeling
- Minimum 2 years of experience creating SQL queries and ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing data pipelines using Python
- Minimum 2 years of experience with AWS, AWS Redshift, AWS Data Engineering and ML Ops tools and services (ie: S3, Redshift, RDS)
- Proven ability to aggregate, normalize, munge, analyze, and summarize value from disparate datasets
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans to a non-technical audience
- Expertise in cloud services architecting and designing secure AWS environments
- Experience using BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experienced in analyzing and troubleshooting data quality issues
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
- Familiarity with large data sets, cloud-based development and deployment, open-source practices and frameworks, and intelligent applications is desirable
- Proven success in migrating data from legacy systems
Salary DOE: $90k - $120k / Annually
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To see this and our other open positions, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. For more information about Energy Solutions and our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Background Check Information
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check. A drug screen and authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely are preconditions of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Energy Solutions is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, and/or completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email [email protected].