Blue Tiger · Remote (US)
Blue Tiger is looking for a Content Designer to join our talented team of civic-minded technologists.
For this role, you will work with federal government employees, designers, and technologists to design and create digital content for public use and benefit.
About Blue Tiger
Blue Tiger is a people-first, design-forward digital consultancy. We design organizations, build software, and craft experiences for the American people. You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team of civic technologists excited about making an impact on how government serves the public through technology.
What you’ll do:
- Produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our customer’s products.
- Implement best practices for clear government communications online using plain language principles.
- Work collaboratively with product managers, developers, and UX researchers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products, solutions, and documentation requirements.
- Possess excellent technical writing, with the ability to understand and distill wide-ranging information into a compliant and well-written proposal, for both business and technical use cases.
- Write easy-to-understand web content, online help, and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications, hardware, and software.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
What we’re looking for:
- At least three years of experience working as a content designer using plain language a complex technical environments
- Understanding of web and mobile user interface design best practices
- Relentlessly curious mindset, never satisfied with easy answers
- Someone who is highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Ability to think strategically around trade-offs and short-term vs. long-term benefits
- Ability to build and form strong relationships with the internal team and external partners
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
- Someone who is highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to quickly pick up new knowledge and absorb ecosystem dynamics and complexities
- Make complex content approachable through plain language and excellent information architectures
- Demonstrated track record of execution and entrepreneurial thinking
- Proven record of balancing concurrent tasks, meeting deadlines, and delivering quality results
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we highly encourage you to apply.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is: $85,000 - $100,000
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- 100% coverage of employee Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary with no vesting period
- Paid time off, including 25 vacation days, 12 federal holidays, and unlimited sick leave
- Bonuses for annual performance, business development, company growth, and referrals
- Annual $2,000 allowance for professional development
- Annual $750 allowance for tech-related purchases
- Remote work environment
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered Veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.