Youth-Centered Health Designer
ETR · Remote (USA)
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
At ETR, we understand bold thoughtful research results in great design. The Youth Centered Health Designer position provides leadership in growing our capacity for human-centered design and collaborative processes engaging youth at ETR. Specifically, this position contributes to the design and delivery of ETR programs, products, and services that advance youth health and wellness. Primary responsibilities include managing day-to-day project operations; facilitating design thinking and research processes with youth and adult partners; conducting internal and external training and capacity building on Trauma Informed Youth Centered Health Design (TIYCHD) with youth and adults; cultivating and maintaining youth and community-based partnerships; and developing deliverables, reports, presentations, and other multi-media materials to document and disseminate projects, products, and services in creative, engaging, and inspiring ways. This position is also expected to supervise staff, support resource development, and contribute to strategic planning. This position works remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Master’s degree or MPH or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience within the area of expertise.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Project Coordinator.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Significant experience providing in-person and virtual youth engagement and facilitation.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and storytelling skills.
- Highly developed people skills; ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook, and supporting applications, including Internet, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience overseeing the work of consultants or subcontractors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets.
- Ability to provide initiative and independently manage a complex project with multiple tasks from conception to completion.
- Ability to balance the completion of designated project tasks, both short and long-term, with the performance of routine duties.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and willingness to work additional hours during deadline periods.
- Ability to travel as assigned. This includes travel to the California Bay Area, approximately 5% time (3-4 trips a year).
- Use of a personal vehicle or rental car for ETR business will require a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Passion for and experience working with young people.
- Background in specific public health content areas such as comprehensive sex education, sexual health, mental health, substance use, and/or health equity.
- Significant expertise with technology and new media (e.g., websites, mobile applications, messaging services, chatbots, social media, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with trauma-informed and healing-centered approaches.
- Experience coordinating youth-centered events and building/managing youth groups and advisory boards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in human-centered design (HCD), including conducting HCD processes and providing HCD trainings for diverse communities, including youth.
Location: Remote employment; open to anywhere in the United States.
Starting Pay Range: $82,000 to $100,100 annually. The typical hiring range for this position is $82,000 to $91,100 at 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(k) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!