Senior Full-stack Engineer
Bezos Academy · Seattle, WA/Remote (USA)
In the mission-driven role as the Senior Full-stack Engineer at Bezos Academy, you will exercise your uniquely imaginative abilities to create inspiring educational technology for kids and teachers. You bring insatiable curiosity, eagerness to build your next application and you obsess over user happiness. Your groundbreaking products will both thrill and delight their users and enable our national school network to nurture young children’s originality, foster self-agency, cultivate a love for learning, and spark joy.
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of engineers to craft outstanding applications that cater to front-end, back-end web, and mobile applications. To build these applications, we utilize Flutter, Node.js, Typescript, and services from the AWS cloud ecosystem. You will collaborate cross-functionally with end-users in schools and colleagues in product management and data engineering. Your work will span the entire application development lifecycle, from analyzing product requirements to contributing to system and software designs. You will build engaging front-end applications and efficient back-end microservices that cultivate the playful curiosity of young children and their teachers.
You have a track record of building modern full-stack applications and have the flexibility to work on the back end or the front-end as needed. You thrive in a start-up environment where you can focus on creating, improving, inventing, measuring, and innovating on behalf of our students and teachers. Above all, you are inspired by our mission to offer tuition-free, high-quality, Montessori-inspired preschool in under-resourced communities and are motivated to create the technology to scale our impact nationwide.
- Flexible in United States; Seattle, WA preferred.
- Relocation support is available for those willing to relocate to Seattle, WA
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, salaried position.
- The full salary range for this position, across all United States geographies, is $133,000 – $265,000 per year. The upper portion of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. Starting salary will vary by location, qualifications, and prior experience; during the interview process, candidates will learn the starting salary range applicable for their location.
- This role includes 15 paid days of vacation, 4 days of paid personal time off, 7 paid days of sick (care) time, 9 paid holidays, 5 paid days off for an organization-wide winter break, and additional time off if required by applicable law. Benefits for this role include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a 4% employer contribution match, paid parental leave, an employer-matched flexible spending account for dependent care, and more. Please see here for details.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Eight years of professional experience as a full-stack engineer
- Proven track record of building scalable applications and services for web and mobile clients
- Technical proficiency building full-stack applications with a TypeScript front-end and a Node.js back-end in a serverless environment
- Experience developing applications or systems using REST APIs
- Proficiency working with both non-relational and relational databases
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and test automation
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Deep experience with a combination of AWS back-end and front-end services such as AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Cognito, AWS CDK, AWS Amplify, AWS WAF
- Experience using Flutter
- Experience developing applications or systems using GraphQL
- Familiarity with handling personally identifiable information (PII)
- Understanding of secure applications and APIs
- Exposure to application load and performance testing
Please click here for a full job description.
Bezos Academy participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employee Form I-9 Information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. Bezos Academy only uses E-Verify once a candidate has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. If E-Verify cannot confirm that an employee is authorized to work, Bezos Academy will give the employee written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so the employee can begin to resolve the issue before any adverse employment action is taken. For more information about your right to work, please see the Notice of Right to Work.