Data Scientist Lead
Cambiar Education · Remote (US)
About the role:
A newly created role, the Data Scientist is a critical member of Cambiar Education’s core team, responsible for delivering insights from diverse data to guide the future of mission-critical programs and products across multiple teams and ventures. Reporting to the SVP of Technology, they’ll collaborate with teams across product, program delivery, executive leaderships and operations to gather, manipulate, and analyze data; sharing cohesive insights that help inform and drive business decisions.
Our ideal candidate should have a strong background in data science and is ready to translate their skill into making an impact in the education space. They are a resourceful, creative builder who readily leans on their expertise as an analyst and storyteller to design and implement data infrastructure and systems.
What you’ll do:
As the Data Scientist, you will be accountable for the following:
- Data Insights, Analysis and Optimization:
- Gather, manipulate, and analyze data within and across Cambiar initiatives and share cohesive insights and metrics that will drive business decisions
- Deep dive into data, especially data which is interesting or unexpected, leveraging internal and externally available data sources and research where needed to identify root causes and recommend paths forward
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs and behavior for each initiative you are partnering with and recommend opportunities to optimize our product experience
- Develop, validate and refine models for accuracy and relevance.
- Data Infrastructure Design and Management:
- Serve as an architect and gatekeeper of impact and engagement data
- Create, maintain, and democratize dashboards to make data actionable across teams
- Create and maintain data panels suitable for different use cases.
- Testing and Experimentation:
- Serve as an expert in testing and experimentation best practices and provide support on experiment implementation, evaluation, and insight capture across multiple product domains
- Use a rapid learning cycle approach to adapt to new discoveries and changing priorities in a fast paced environment, taking a pragmatic approach to analysis that balances level of effort with business value
- Stakeholder Management:
- Partner with Product Management, Program Delivery, Executive leadership, and other stakeholders across multiple Cambiar initiatives leveraging data for decisions and impact
- Communicate extremely proactively with team members and stakeholders, keeping them informed on project milestones and acting as a strategic thought partner to initiatives across the organization
This role is for you if:
- You have a strong track record of professional experience (~7+ years) in data science roles (Data Scientist, Product/Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or similar) within high growth organizations, companies, and/or teams; having been the first or early Data scientist/Analyst in an org is a plus.
- You’re excellent at conceptualizing, initiating and managing data science projects and initiatives, and can clearly articulate data stories to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience engaging with executive leaders, and can communicate clearly with quick turnaround at all levels
- Have exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills, and excel at using data, student and partner feedback, and intuition to drive sound recommendations
- Have a passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Bring strong strategic skills to prioritize the most impactful work and clearly communicate those priorities to stakeholders
- Love the startup phase - with all the excitement, challenge, and hard work that come with it - and bring an ownership mindset and “whatever it takes” attitude to all of your work
- Are comfortable working exceptionally fast in an ambiguous work environment
- Are passionate about entrepreneurship, and about supporting BIPOC, youth, and female entrepreneurs
- Have familiarity with the US K-12 and Higher Education education sectors
Technically you have,
- Advanced degree in a Technical domain (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or Computer Science) or relevant experience
- Expertise in SQL, R/Python and web analytics tools such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Mixpanel. Experience with machine learning and AI a plus
- Proficiency in business intelligence dashboard tools like Domo, Tableau, Looker, or similar
- Strong foundation in statistics and experience evaluating A/B tests, causal inference, experimental design, power analysis
- Demonstrated experience building and managing the necessary data infrastructure to support deep insights for program and product teams
👋 Our team is 100% remote so we’re looking for candidates that are able to work remotely, and who have experience in working with team members across different time zones. You have the ability to periodically travel in various US cities to meet-up with our team, and are ready to play an active role in contributing to our collaborative, inclusive culture.
This role might not be for you if:
- Are status conscious, hierarchy-driven, or resume/credential-focused
- Struggle to give or receive feedback or engage in healthy dialogue
- Have only worked in large teams, and relied on role-specific mentorship in the past
What you’ll get:
- Salary range of $150,000 - $200,000 per year based on experience
- Competitive medical, dental, vision benefits
- Opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- WFH office stipend
- Phone/Internet monthly stipend
- Wellness stipend
- Opportunity to travel and meet your team members in-person throughout the year for retreats and site visits
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line "Data Scientist Lead - Tech Jobs for Good".