Front End Developer
Patrick J. McGovern Foundation · Remote (USA)
Partners & Advocates
$112,000 - $145,000 Per YearPosted 3 weeks ago
The Patrick J. McGovern Foundation (PJMF) is a philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing artificial intelligence and data science solutions to create a thriving, equitable, and sustainable future for all. PJMF works in partnership with public, private, and social institutions to drive progress on our most pressing challenges, including digital health, climate change, broad digital access, and data maturity in the social sector.
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.mcgovern.org/. Core to PJMF’s mission is inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA). We apply the IDEA framework to all we do, from growing a diverse team within the foundation to coalition building with organizations and people around the world, and to democratizing the development and rewards of AI and data.
About the Role:
The Patrick J McGovern Foundation (PJMF) is seeking a talented and innovative Front End/Mobile Developer to join our dynamic Data Solutions team. In collaboration with cross-functional teams, this individual will play a pivotal role in advancing the vision and execution of AI-based product development and deployment, focusing on addressing societal challenges through cutting-edge technology.
How you'll make an impact
- Work closely with the Director, Technical Product Manager, Data Scientist, and Software Development Engineer to understand project requirements and contribute to the development of AI-based products
- Contribute to the vision and execution of UI/UX designs, ensuring a seamless and visually appealing user experience across web and mobile platforms
- Develop and deploy front-end applications for cloud-based solutions that align with the rapid prototyping development approach
- Collaborate with the team to integrate ML model predictions into user-friendly interfaces, ensuring the reliability, safety, and scalability of the end products
- Craft visually stunning and intuitive user interfaces for AI-backed web and mobile applications
- Understand end-user needs and requirements to design and develop applications that effectively address challenges within the social good sector
- Prototype, test, and iterate on front-end solutions, incorporating user feedback for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the Technical Product Manager and other team members to address communication outreach and resource needs related to front-end and mobile development
- Ensure effective communication with cross-functional teams, contributing to the success of AI products
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience – 4-7 years of experience in front-end and mobile development, with a strong portfolio to demonstrate a top-tier proficiency in front-end design principles
- Prototyping - Ability to create both Low-Fidelity (LoFI) and High-Fidelity (HiFi) wireframes, building interactive prototypes for user testing, developer collaboration, and visual representation. Figma or equivalent tools for wireframing and collaboration.
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Teamwork – Effective team player who understands the responsibility every individual brings to the table and how to encourage and drive results from each team member; ability to work collaboratively within a high-performance, startup-like environment
- High Performance – Ability to quickly learn new technologies and methodologies to ensure successful and timely completion of product development
- Results-oriented – Highly organized and detail-oriented, self-driven and able to adapt to learning and implementing new technologies, and creative in solving issues as they arise
- Cultural alignment – An advocate for social progress; interest in emerging technologies and their ability to advance societal outcomes
- Work eligibility – Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
What we offer:
- Salary – We anticipate the starting salary range for this role to be $112,000-$145,000, with flexibility based on the experience you bring
- Health Coverage – Foundation-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and dependents. HSA/FSA plans, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability coverage
- Long-term Rewards – 401(k) retirement plan with generous matching up to 6% of annual pay, plus an additional discretionary match at the end of year
- Flexible PTO – Unlimited paid time off, which allows team members to take the time they need for vacation or illness so they can return to work able to contribute fully to our mission. The foundation recognizes 11 paid national holidays per year and may also announce closure for local, regional, or state holidays
- Remote Work Environment - Ability to work 100% remotely, but not alone - with mature, socially minded professionals
- Wellness Support – Access to Ginger, Gympass, Headspace, and SmartSpend Plus, along with financial well-being providers
- Parental Leave – Up to 6 months of gender-neutral paid leave for parents and caregivers when they have a new addition to their families
- Learning Reimbursements – Foundation policy encouraging employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, internal trainings, and external activities; savings on student loans (available via insurance provider)
- Philanthropic Gift Matching – opportunity for team members to support vulnerable communities, reflecting PJMF’s commitment to social impact
The attributes listed above represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described below. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you - even if you’re on the fence - we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself!
The Patrick J. McGovern Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We have built an environment that celebrates the differences in backgrounds and experiences. PJMF invests in activities that lead to greater inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in how AI and data are conceptualized, developed, applied, and deployed. We are applying the same framework as our team grows and expands. We are an equal opportunity employer and we especially encourage and invite members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
It is important to us that our hiring process is accessible to everyone. If you require accommodations to participate in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.