Technical Writer (Information Developer)
StreetLight Data · Remote (USA)
Partners & Advocates
$70,000 - $110,000 Per YearPosted 3 weeks ago
User Experience Design (UX)
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
StreetLight is looking for a Technical Writer/Information Developer to create and maintain content that empowers and delights StreetLight customers and users. The candidate should have a solid track record in enterprise software content design and development, with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams, design and develop content for multiple audiences, and the desire to design and build technical content experiences across multiple channels.
Location: Remote in the United States (Hybrid model is also available if you live close to an office and wish to work in office)
Here's What You'll Do:
● Develop and implement in-product user assistance and technical content deliverables for StreetLight products and solutions
● Collaborate across functional teams to identify supplementary content to be developed in the appropriate media platforms and delivered in the appropriate publishing channels
● Collaborate across functional teams to ensure effective content use and reuse from or within other areas, such as product marketing, training, and support
● Participate in the evolution of content strategies and approaches , design patterns, and standards and best practices
Here’s What You’ll Need:
● Experience in information development for enterprise software, ideally for data analysis products
● Knowledge of web development, HTML5 (HTML/CSS/JS) is required
● Strong interest in the customer and user experience and UX content
● Ability to develop and maintain standards, guidelines, and content design systems
● Ability to meet tight deadlines and work within multiple delivery tracks
● A focus on quality and detail within a fast-paced environment
● Knowledge of WalkMe, Camtasia/SnagIt, Markdown, Swagger (OAS), Zendesk or Salesforce, and Flare or Paligo is preferred
● Knowledge of Design Thinking is a plus
● Experience in technical writing for a developer audience is a plus
● Understanding of accessibility standards and WCAG compliance is a plus
● Knowledge of transportation data/industry is a plus
Jacobs’ health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and, if eligible, a deferred compensation plan and Executive Deferral Plan. Employees will also receive 17 days of vacation per year, seven paid holidays, plus floating holidays and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The base salary range for this position is $70,000 to $110,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
$70,000 - $110,000 a year
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.