StreetLight Data · Remote (USA)
Partners & Advocates
$90,000 - $130,000 Per YearPosted 2 weeks ago
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
StreetLight’s history and largest customers may still be governments and public sector organizations, but our Commercial Sector team has grown from a team of 2 to 6 and more than doubled its business in the last 5 years. This Solutions Engineer will primarily work with customers in private-sector markets. You will work with private providers of new modes of transportation and other companies whose business relates to transportation as they evaluate and leverage StreetLight’s real-world transportation analytics. Example clients include TNCs (ride-hailing and micro-mobility companies), urban air mobility companies, automakers, the autonomous vehicle industry, electric vehicle charging solutions providers, private infrastructure and toll developers, real estate developers, retailers, insurers, consulting firms, partner software companies, and many more.
We are looking for a savvy, sophisticated technical sales professional who goes beyond sales to truly educate clients and partners, work closely with our professional services team to design custom solutions, and work closely with our executives and other cross-functional teams to further develop and build new processes for a scalable go-to-market strategy. Successful candidates will have experience tackling complex problems, fostering and managing client relationships across a range of different industries, and developing and then executing their own strategies.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to introduce StreetLight’s unique technology to prospective customers and strategic partners, and to implement API and data evaluations, as well as pilot projects. Assist in driving sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to refine business plans and drive the execution of go-to-market and selling strategies. This includes understanding various private sectormarkets’ business, pricing levers, and data gaps.
- Define and implement technical solutions based on the StreetLight InSight® platform and underlying transportation analytics, to meet customer needs.
- Develop and deliver presentations and demos of the software tailored to engage both executive-level and highly technical audiences.
- Cultivate relationships with technical members of staff at customer accounts, serving as their primary technical liaison at StreetLight Data both pre- and post-sale.
- Actively participate as an integral member of the Solutions Engineering (SE) Team.
- Work with internal Product Management and Engineering teams to define the product roadmap based on interactions with customers.
- Collaborate with Marketing to guide development of sales materials, lead webinars, and prepare presentations for industry conferences and events.
- Participate in building internal knowledge base of technical and market related knowledge by delivering internal presentations and/or training course development.
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively work toward the goal of jointly exceeding assigned quotas.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role, working with enterprise software or data product OR 5+years of technical experience in transportation planning, transportation engineering, or geographic information systems preferred.
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Mathematics, Urban Planning, or a similarly technical field.
- Strong data analysis skills, knowing what can / cannot be possible within technical constraints, designing solutions for customers, and the ability to visualize data in the best way possible.
- SQL (PostgreSQL or Google BigQuerypreferred) and relational database experience.
- Geo-spatial skills and experience using ArcGIS, QGIS, or PostGIS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills - written, visual (presentations), and verbal.
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management, large audiences, and technical practitioners.
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking skills, and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential. This role epitomizes the phrase “multiple hats” and the ability to manage time independently and effectively is crucial.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to step back and see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% as needed to achieve objectives.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience selling into data science or analytics teams in a wide variety of industries.
- Advanced coding and/or scripting skills (SQL, Python, etc.).
- Experience working with Application Programming Inferfaces (APIs).
- Knowledge of statistics and data science.
Jacobs’ health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and, if eligible, a deferred compensation plan and Executive Deferral Plan. Employees will also receive 17 days of vacation per year (in the US), seven paid holidays, plus floating holidays and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 to $130,000 (with OTE). This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations (remote). Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.