Senior Full Stack Developer
Capital Rx · Remote (US)
Location: Remote (For Non-Local) or Hybrid (Local to NYC area)
About Capital Rx:
Capital Rx is a next generation pharmacy benefits manager, overseeing prescription benefit plans on behalf of employers, unions, and government entities. Determined to transform an outdated model, Capital Rx’s mission is to change the way prescription benefits are priced and administered in the US, unlocking enduring social change. Through our platform approach, Capital Rx delivers data-driven insights and actionable strategies that reduce costs, while improving patient outcomes. Our commitment to innovation, technology and service is the reason why Capital Rx is among the fastest-growing PBMs in the country.
Join our mission to transform pharmacy benefits as a Senior Full-stack Software Developer. In this role you will assist in leading large projects from design to conclusion, help product managers and designers flesh out requirements, collaborate with developers to establish consistent APIs across our services, and employ best practices for interactions with our API on the frontend.
- Lead large projects from design to conclusion
- Work with product managers and designers on product requirements before implementation
- Collaborate with developers to establish consistent APIs across our services
- Employ best practices for API interactions with frontend web applications
- Develop code in a stateful application framework (React/Redux)
- Implement backend code using a serverless, cloud-based application paradigm (Flask/AWS Lambda/ECS)
- Make meaningful architectural choices based on careful evaluation and prior knowledge of solutions that work
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to continually deliver features to stakeholders and clients
Qualifications / Profile:
- 6+ years of related job experience with a broad range of technical skills
- Strong Python and React/Redux experience
- Ability to build serverless applications on AWS Lambda, Cognito, API Gateway, SMS, and ECS
- Strong knowledge of unit testing across multiple paradigms
- Previous PBM (Pharmacy Benefits Manager) experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of integration testing using Playwright or a similar framework
- Robust understanding of type systems such as Typescript, Flow, or Pyre
- A history of delivering complex web applications to the cloud
- Experience working with microservices/an API-based application paradigm
- Experience working in a mono repository preferred
- Good written communication skills
- Solid code management skills with git
- The ability to work independently and deliver results
Base Salary: $125,000 - $150,000
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the NY - based position. The actual base salary will depend on several factors such as: experience, knowledge, and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
Capital Rx values a diverse workplace and celebrates the diversity that each employee brings to the table. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.