KIPP · Raleigh, NCDesign + UX Education Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
Do Meaningful Work. K4Connect is a purpose-driven, venture-funded technology company creating solutions to serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, in partnership with the people, communities and organizations that also serve them. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect, we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered, and harmonious.
We love the work we do and think you will, too.
We are seeking a UX Designer to design software and platforms that meet people’s needs. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
- Conducting user research and testing
- Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Collaborating with Designers, Product Managers, Developers, and other key stakeholders to create intuitive, user-friendly software
- Understand product specifications, user psychology, environments, and needs
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction and mental models and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, Researcher or similar role
- Bachelors Degree in Design, Research, Data Analytics or related field (Masters Degree a plus)
- Strong portfolio of design and/or research projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Adobe XD, Zeplin, InVision, Axure)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with voice design is a plus
K4Connect is on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Attractive health care benefits (medical & dental premiums paid 80-100% by K4Connect)
- 401k retirement savings plan via Vanguard
- Employer paid life, ADD, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan for salaried Advocates
- Paid Holidays and K4 days
- Paid 'Week of Service' Leave
- Employee Lounge with ping pong, foosball, video games, and craft beer
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!