American Association for the Advancement of Science · Washington, DCMarketing Partners & Advocates Posted 2 months ago Claim this company
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Analyst to join our Office of Membership to assist in developing and implementing marketing strategies to attract and retain AAAS members. Working closely with the Assistant Directors of Marketing, you will study, combine, and evaluate transactional data, web statistics, and other third-party data to optimize both online and direct mail marketing performance. You will actively participate in the full lifecycle development of marketing campaigns from ideation through fulfillment serving as a backup to one or more Assistant Directors of Marketing.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Assist efforts to track, analyze and revise Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and engagement metrics across channels.
- Work with the Directors of Marketing to deliver actionable recommendations based on reported results, benchmarks, discovered patterns, etc. to share on-going insights into campaign and business performance with marketing team members and internal stakeholders.
- Conduct recurring web reporting to monitor and drive optimization against KPIs including established Goals and Conversions
- Work closely with marketing team members to share data-driven analysis around content performance to support content marketing strategy and SEO efforts.
- Perform a variety of activities to support the setup and execution of marketing campaigns including landing page setup and testing, following up with fulfillment vendors, and working with IT to resolve digital marketing issues.
- Assist with the implementation of new tools and technology.
- Provide support for ad-hoc data & research requests, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Psychology, Anthropology, or other quantitative social science.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in digital marketing, performance marketing or related analytics and reporting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of digital marketing and measurement of campaign KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex quantitative subject matter to internal stakeholders (often “non-quant” audiences), both orally and in writing.
- General understanding of digital retail operations (customer journey, marketing channels, funnel conversion, targeting, personalization, digital merchandizing/account opening).
- Awareness of hypothesis testing concepts and practices (representative data, sample sizes, statistical significance, etc.) and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, segmentation, customer profitability, ROI, a plus.
- Superb personal time management skills, highly organized, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate the ability to take initiative.
- Keen attention to detail.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by April 8, 2020. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.