Data Engineer III
Vibrant Emotional Health · New York, NYEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
Join Vibrant Emotional Health and work with people who are passionate and dedicated to changing lives. You’ll be part of an environment built on collaboration and mutual respect, with the knowledge that your efforts are helping to improve access to care, provide support, and empower people to achieve lives of emotional wellbeing and meaning.
To learn more about Vibrant Emotional Health’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values click here.
Vibrant Emotional Health is currently looking to fill the following positions. Vibrant Emotional Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Data Engineer III
Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
Tired of AdTech and FinTech? Use your skills to improve mental health services and save lives! As a Data Engineer at Vibrant, you will report to the Senior Data Scientist. You will use statistical data analysis, visualization, quantitative research, and data programming to support operational reporting and analytical needs and to tell the story of our work for senior executives, funders, partners, clients, and the public, using data visualizations and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You will produce or supervise the production of:
- Data analysis, visualizations, and research that tell the story of our work, including operational performance and mission impact, for internal and external stakeholders.
- Network performance analysis and visualizations highlighting call/text/chat contact volumes, response rates, abandonment and related operational performance metrics.
- Data-wrangling and pipeline processes, using AWS Lamda, Python, R, Rstudio, Shiny, AWS DMS, Postgres, and similar toolsets.
Under the supervision of the Chief Data Scientist, working with the Software Dev team, and business unit stakeholders, you will..
- Develop conceptual and logical database models.
- Create data pipeline and data-wrangling processes.
- Prepare analytical/operational reports and processes.
- Develop data visualizations and analysis.
- Some on-call and incident response responsibilities.
- Other work-related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters-level credentials or demonstrated expertise and aptitude in relevant disciplines (statistics, computer science, NLP)
- Expertise in data analysis as demonstrated by a portfolio of projects, experience mentoring or teaching, delivered products, presented or published work
- Expertise in data visualization.
- Expertise in quantitative research methods.
- Expertise in two or more of R, Python, Tableau, D3, SPSS, Postgres, SQL, or other relevant dataviz and stats tools, as demonstrated by completed projects and/or Github examples.
- Experience working with data programmers, and knowledge of basic data-wrangling.
- We value candidates who have demonstrated commitment to the goal of working with people to achieve mental and emotional wellbeing with dignity and respect.
- Experience communicating with domain stakeholders in health or mental health.
- Knowledge of fundamental technology practices, such as source management, CI, SCRUM.
- Play well with others, and enjoy collaborating with academics, technologists, and advocates in the field of mental health.
- Visual literacy and design literacy.
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.