Software Engineer (Resmed)
Verily · Boston, MAEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease.
As a member of our sleep joint venture team, you’ll be helping to build tools and services that help diagnose and improve treatment for sleep conditions like obstructive sleep apnea. Undiagnosed apnea is estimated to cost the US $150B a year and is associated with deeper health conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension. Read more about this team in the press.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Project Baseline, the quest to map human health beginning with a 10,000 person observational study; Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases using the sterile insect technique. For more information, please visit our website.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve core services software enabling a new end-user healthcare experience.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Master’s, PhD, further education or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem-solving skills to complex issues.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.