Family Independence Initiative · RemoteData + Analytics Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development $100000 - $120000 Posted 3 weeks ago Claim this company
Data Analyst, Full Time
The Family Independence Initiative (FII) is a national organization that has developed a continuously evolving platform (UpTogether) to accelerate social and economic mobility for individuals and families living with low incomes. Over the past 19 years, FII has partnered directly with individuals and families to demonstrate that investment made directly in their strengths and initiatives delivers strong and sustainable outcomes for low-income families. We have proven that galvanizing social networks in low-income communities, honoring the self-determination of individual families, and leveraging existing capacities results in achieving significant progress toward social and economic mobility. Our focus now is on bringing this approach to philanthropic and government organizations throughout the country by encouraging the adoption of direct investment and the distribution of funds through our UpTogether platform.
We are looking for someone to add to our analytics team. In a given week you may be writing a report about household outcomes for either an academic or general public audience, building tools to help staff and researchers access our data, or creating a dashboard to report back to funders. We’re looking for someone who can take an open ended question and go find those particularly salient findings or compelling narratives. This role could also include building machine learning models or other data approaches depending on the candidate.
You will be working on a growing technology team comprised of full-stack engineers and data scientists, and user experience researchers. We are very active on Slack and are focused not only on doing meaningful work, but also enjoying the process of working and building together.
- Produce insightful reports about impacts of FII’s approach
- Design and build R Shiny apps and dashboards to present our data to internal and external audiences
- Build and maintain internal R packages for analysis
- May develop machine learning models
- Other analyses as needed
Qualifications, Attributes & Skills
- Data analysis in R
- Data visualization
- Strong writing skills to explain and contextualize data analysis
- Strong base in statistics, econometrics is a plus
- Machine learning and/or natural language processing experience is also a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Attention to detail
- Ability to pivot quickly as needed
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Personal connection to FII’s mission
Additionally, applicants should:
- Hold a deep belief in the capacity of those living with low-incomes–that they know what is best for themselves, their families, and the achievement of their goals and can and will take the lead.
- Have instinctive trust in the innate capabilities of low-income families and communities.
- Be excited and energized by a dynamic work environment.
- Be keenly interested in learning from others
- Have a functional work environment and solid internet connection
- Demonstrated leadership through learning, creating solutions, and accountability.
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, 401(k), and vacation. Salary range is $100,000 to $120,000.
We strive to create a community that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion, and we support the efforts of others to build such communities. FII is committed to an inclusive work environment and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search that represent the communities we work with.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter via email, with subject line Data Analyst to Michelle Chao-Nguyen [email protected] Your cover letter should outline how your work history and personal contribution would make a difference for FII and your connection to our mission.