Director of Software and Architecture and Application
Vibrant Emotional Health · New York, NYEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 4 days ago Claim this company
Vibrant Emotional Health is looking for a Software Architect and programming team leader with outstanding breadth of experience, and deep expertise in Python/Django, AWS, REST APIs, CI. Vibrant is the non-profit behind the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and many other mental health and suicide prevention programs, and our ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission.
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own architectural and tooling decisions for a team of programmers working primarily with Python/Django and AWS in a Jenkins/SaltStack/AWS environment.
- Own architectural and tooling decisions for data- and API integrations across a variety of internal and external SaaS and COTS systems.
- Write clear concise Python/Django code for internal systems and platforms.
- Promote and sustain strong programming culture: learning, quality, teamwork.
- Manage MSP and developer vendors to meet strategic and performance objectives.
- Own CI, testing, monitoring architecture, including hands-on implementation as needed.
- Own AWS architecture, including hands-on implementation as needed.
- Work with business users to select and OSS, SaaS, and COTS products that solve business problems while meeting enterprise architecture requirements.
- Various duties as assigned, that move the organization forward.
- Possible travel to conferences, on-call rotations.
- 10+ years of software development and corporate IT experience.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Commitment to coaching and growing programmers & teams.
- Strong foundational computer science skills: you can tell a Red-Black Tree from an Oak tree, and know that Big O is not the name of a gangster.
- The ability to quickly assess technology options and make strong recommendations based on principles and experience.
- Knowledge of several programming languages, and excellent programming skills in at least one.
- A commitment to monitoring and observability.
- Systems thinking.
- Operational familiarity with Linux servers.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.