Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Virta Health · Denver, COEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 4 days ago Claim this company
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As an Infrastructure Software Engineer at Virta, you will be building the foundation that will help our company move as fast as possible while meeting security and compliance requirements. Key projects in 2020 include:
- Redefining our GCP-based microservices around best-in-class, HIPAA/HITRUST/SOC2 compliant infrastructure technologies: Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Docker
- Enhancing system observability, reliability, and efficiency using off-the-shelf technology (OpenCensus, Stackdriver) combined with internal tools developed in Python and Go
- Migration of our core services to GCP-managed equivalents, such as moving our clinical data from PostgreSQL to Cloud Healthcare API
- Increase automation and self-service in a secure and compliant manner using continuous integration and deployment.
We are in the midst of re-defining what our infrastructure should be for our next stage of growth. Joining Virta would make you one of the key people defining and driving the future vision of what development should be.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Design, build and ship new infrastructure and work across engineering teams to adopt new infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback during code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process improvements to make our engineering team even better
- 3+ years of experience implementing and shipping backend and infrastructure as code in high quality production environments
- Experience with building service-oriented, service-based or microservice architectures
- Experience with building automation around development and deployment systems
- Embraces craftsmanship. Experience setting and following best practices to support a high growth and rapidly changing environments
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put <people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.