Edquity · Remote (USA)Engineering Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Education Posted 4 days ago Claim this company
Edquity is a technology-enabled, anti-poverty company based in Brooklyn, NY that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a white-labeled mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, receive personalized financial management, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students need Edquity more than ever, and Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can support millions of students during this terrible crisis.
Read more about Edquity’s recent $2.4M seed round in EdSurge.
DevOps Engineer Job Overview:
We're seeking an experienced developer who is passionate about financial capability, equity in higher education, college graduation for low and middle-income students, and social mobility generally. This role will be responsible for helping us build functional systems and architecture in AWS to facilitate Edquity’s rapid scaling. You will work on and develop DevOps processes and tools to support our agile development teams and ensure that these processes and tools meet both our short-term and long-term product needs. This role will work closely with our CTO.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
- Create DevOps process automation and tooling to implement standards and boundaries in a way that empowers our application development teams to help themselves for their infrastructure and deployment needs.
- Act as a consultative resource for our application development teams to provide technical guidance, standards, knowledge and understanding of processes, and tools to deliver Internet facing products and services.
- Define DevOps best practices for our application development teams and assist them in engaging these processes.
- Ownership and support of configuration management and deployment automation tools on AWS.
- Ownership and support of monitoring tools for AWS.
- Ownership and support of containerized software deployment on AWS.
- Provide consultative assistance to application development teams in leveraging automation and monitoring tools for continuous improvement of application deployments and monitoring.
- Assist application teams in leveraging external and internal cloud services features such as elastic capacity auto-scaling, elastic load balancing, right-sizing, disaster recovery strategies, and tiered storage.
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the infrastructure.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling spend rate.
- Ensure maximum uptime of cloud hosted environments, including production, staging, testing and development environments.
- Keep up to date with developments in technology, and DevOps fields through educational and other information resources and make our team aware of possible applications for new technologies and methods.
What You Should Have:
- A strong belief in equity and a desire to reduce structural inequality
- 5+ years experience in DevOps and architecture
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, migrating, tuning, administering, supporting, and problem solving in complex server environments, working collaboratively with applications, network and systems teams to resolve problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications, including technical documents, and process documents.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- A strong work ethic: ability to be self motivated and take ownership over tasks
We Hope You Have:
- A passion for startups, working with small teams, and scaling them
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- 15 days of PTO per year
- 10 paid company holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- 401k matching