National Vote-by-Mail Data Manager
America Votes · Remote (USA)Data + Analytics Partners & Advocates $5500 - $6000 Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community, leading collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections and protect every American’s right to vote. America Votes works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit www.americavotes.org.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
America Votes is committed to advancing racial equity through organizational systems and policies that are consistently tested, evaluated and updated. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building reflective and equitable state and national networks and partnerships.
- Increasing engagement of state-based groups building power in communities of color in the planning process.
- Expanding the Community Power Builders program, designed to support organizations led by and working in communities of color as they emerge into the 501(c)(4) space.
America Votes sees its commitment to racial equity as an integral part of its success. Applicants are encouraged to reflect on how they see themselves contributing to America Votes’ work on advancing racial equity.
America Votes is seeking an experienced individual with a combination of technical and political skills to manage data efforts within its national vote-by-mail data program. The Vote-By-Mail Data Manager will hold a critical role in executing the largest ever coordinated vote by mail campaign. Working with state and national data staff, vendors, and partner organization data staff, the Vote-By-Mail Data Manager will be responsible for tracking, assessing, and reporting of coalition vote-by-mail efforts for individual states and in aggregate. This is a full-time position and reports to the National Vote-By-Mail Director.
Remote (East Coast Hours)
- Building target universes with a variety of criteria and inputs.
- Combining and reconciling program universes across multiple organizations.
- Reporting on coverage, including phone, mail, and digital VBM support programs.
- Work collaboratively with AV’s state and national data teams and representatives from America Votes partners on the collective coalition vote-by-mail efforts.
- Provide recommendations for changing or augmenting universes.
- Assist staff in developing strategies, data processes, and reporting to accurately measure progress toward maintaining and using membership data.
- Work with AV national staff to support data collection, acquisition, preservation, analytics, and hygiene relating to vote by mail.
- Participate in or lead presentations for staff and partners including VBM gaps, coverage, experiments, and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must possess strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills, and familiarity with online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Candidates should have an understanding of and experience with direct voter contact programs, as well as experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making.
- Candidates should have the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively, be a self-starter and willing to work long irregular ‘campaign-style’ hours, and travel as needed.
- Candidates must possess in-depth knowledge of voter files, their use, and common data quality concerns.
- Candidates should have a spirit of service and curiosity along with a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving in work with outside partners and while working internally, independently, or on a team.
- Candidates should have the ability to produce consumer-friendly reports and visual depictions of data.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience using at least one of the following: Tableau, Python (eg Pandas), R, D3.js.
This position runs through December 31, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience, $5,500-$6,000 per month. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401(k).
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to the application form.
If you experience any technical difficulties with our application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only applications received through the application form will be considered; please do not email us your application materials.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. America Votes does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.