Senior Manager, Insights
[email protected] · Washington, DCProject Management Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Posted 1 month ago
The Senior Manager Insights will support [email protected]’s broad multidisciplinary research agenda around economic mobility. They work with our team and partners to analyze public and private datasets on the demographics, skills and trajectories of workers in the US workforce and build a data-informed argument for a more inclusive labor market where all workers have the opportunity to thrive. The Insights Manager will also play a role in making our findings understandable to a broader audience through data visualizations and reports.
This team member should have a track record of:
- Rigorous data analysis
- Translating data into formats that are consumable by a broader audience
- Ability to communicate complex data findings to a general audience
- Collaboration with research partners to deliver on shared projects
- Support the Vice President of Insights in scoping the broad research agenda on economic mobility and job pathways. Surface important research questions to support mobility for workers and situate that work in the context of a broader literature.
- Conduct and/or oversee analysis of large public and private datasets on labor force demographics, jobs, and mobility. Prepare and maintain datasets.
- Manage data projects to ensure timely delivery of analyses and deliverables, often working with team members, contractors, and research partners.
- Communicate data findings to the [email protected] team as well as our broader audience in business, the workforce field, academia, and public policy.
- Support the broader [email protected] team with quick turnaround data requests and translations for meetings, op-eds, and other external communications
- Coordinate research with our research partners to ensure timely delivery of research findings and deliverables
- Develop and execute a plan for maintaining a current and relevant online research community
- Be responsible for grants management of research grants
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Inquisitive researcher with strong knowledge of data analytics, data visualization, and experience with large datasets
- Skilled project manager with demonstrated ability to drive outcomes and meet deadlines on a broad range of fast-paced research projects
- Proactive self-starter who is capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to advance qualitative and quantitative research
- Creative and collaborative problem-solver; comfort working through ambiguity to define priorities with quantitative and qualitative data
- Clear communicator with the ability to make complex data and concepts understandable to different audiences
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A passionate advocate for [email protected]’s mission
- Familiarity with the field of workforce development, labor economics, or related discipline.
- Experience with Tableau, GIS, or other data visualization tools
- Experience leading a collaborative forum with social or private sector organizations
- Experience coordinating research across teams or partners
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation: We believe in equal pay for equal work. Salary for our positions are based on market data and NOT what you’ve been paid before nor your negotiation skills.
- Healthcare: We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 50% of the premium for your spouse and/or dependents.
- Retirement: We match 4% of your salary (up to a maximum of $5,000) annually, and will contribute an additional 1% of your salary, even if you don’t make a contribution.
- Paid Time Off We value work/life balance and trust our team members to be productive. In service of this, our Responsible Paid Time Off policy does not limit time off. Additionally, we are closed for major holidays including the last week of the year.
- Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Flexible Work Schedules: We are 100% remote through 2020 and afterward will continue to offer flexible schedules including partial work from home options.
- Professional Development: We believe that developing our team members’ skills is a pathway to accomplishing our mission. To this end, we offer you $2,000 annually for the professional development opportunities of your choice.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
[email protected] is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of
About [email protected]
[email protected] is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs).
For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look.
We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn and earn to their full potential.