Senior Software Engineer
Cloud to Street · Brooklyn, NY preferred; remote work possible for the right candidateEngineering Environment Partners & Advocates Posted 4 days ago
Cloud to Street is the world’s leading remote flood mapping platform. We use global satellites and remote sensing AI to monitor flood risk and detect worldwide floods in real-time. Seeded by Google, we have been used by governments across almost 20 countries for disaster relief efforts. Partnering with top insurers, we are now launching the first commercial parametric flood insurance product to better protect climate-vulnerable communities.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead frontend and backend web development on our flood analytics dashboard. As part of a small engineering team, you will provide key input on technical design decisions and participate in a diversity of engineering tasks.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer working in a team environment
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- Eager to use engineering to reduce the impact of catastrophic flooding
- Experience in full-stack web development in e.g., React/Flask or similar
- Experience managing and deploying cloud infrastructure in e.g., GCP or AWS
- Strong opinions on software design choices with awareness of tradeoffs
- Design and develop features for our web-based flood analytics dashboard (FastAPI/Angular) to support crisis managers around the world in disaster preparedness and response
- Provide key input in technical discussions and code reviews for engineers across the company
- Depending on your interest, you may also develop and maintain the cloud infrastructure to support our products
Send resume to [email protected] with Senior Software Engineer in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with the goal of hiring the right candidate as soon as possible.
Cloud to Street is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; women, queer people, and all gender identities, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.