Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Califia Farms · Los Angeles, CAData + Analytics Food & Agriculture Posted 3 days ago
If you believe the world needs a healthier, plant-based food system then Califia Farms is the place for you. Join our mission to innovate delicious plant-powered foods that make going dairy-free desirable. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these six core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; We, Not I; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
We are looking for a smart creative that has worked extensively with business users in a Sales and Operations environment. This position will serve as the lead on elevated application development and support with a focus on extracting data driven insights. Duties and role will change as the organization continues to evolve.
- Systems analysis and solutions development for Business Systems across the organization with a focus on data driven solution
- Direct liaison between IT and the Commercial organizations for system builds and requirements.
- Work closely with business users to understand and analyze business requirements, evaluate options, research and propose solutions
- Translate business requirement into functional specifications and manage outside developers as needed
- Act as an interface between the developers writing the software and business users, identifying and rectifying issues during the design, development, and testing
- Drive vendor selection for new and existing system refreshes and or implementations
- Develop, maintain, and complete relevant project documentation, specifically functional specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Primary escalation point for Power BI, Sales and Accounting vendor support escalations, secondary escalation point in other areas
- Review and document new and or existing processes
- Drive conversation for discovery of process improvement opportunities and execution of those opportunities
- Support various business systems with a focus on continual improvement
- Key provider in the execution of overall IT strategy
- Help prioritize and schedule development activities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Expert level ability to communicate verbally and in written form
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Proven ability to troubleshoot at the application and business process layers
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects in an ever-changing fast-moving environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including technical and business writing skills
- A solid understanding of business functional areas, business management issues, and data analysis
- Experience into the interaction of IT systems and business processes
- 6+ years of systems experience with a BA/BS degree
- Good working knowledge of the software development life cycle
- ERP experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with advanced reporting and analytics tools like Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to manage to multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Possession of one or more IT related certification (Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, A+, N+, etc.)
- Exposure to regulatory compliances (CFR Part11, SOX, PCI, HIPAA, ISO 9001, etc.)
- Previous experience in Business/Systems Analysis
- Expertise in ROSS ERP
- Experience in Power BI
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.