Senior Data Analytics Engineer
Warby Parker · New York, NYEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago
At Warby Parker, we’re out to prove that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—and we’re searching for a motivated Senior Data AEngineer to help us on this mission! In this role, you’ll work collaboratively to develop and implement data models that act as the eyes and ears of a complex business that spans e-commerce, supply chain, marketing, retail, customer service, product development, and more. Your efforts to collect, organize, and share data will impact nearly all of Team Warby and will be highly visible across the organization. Sound like the job for you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with a product manager, engineering manager, business stakeholders, and other engineers in an Agile environment
- Design and implement dimensional data models that capture company-wide business processes
- Ask thoughtful questions and listen carefully to get to know your business partners’ vocabulary, problems, goals, and constraints
- Contribute to the technical leadership of the team through writing, technical guidance, planning, mentorship, and other efforts to help guide the team to success
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience designing and deploying dimensional models
- Fluency in SQL
- The ability to learn and work comfortably with the tools of modern software engineering—whether that’s working at the command line, using version control, writing tests, or performing code reviews
- Top-notch communication skills—you’re an empathetic listener and a proactive communicator both in person and in writing
- You are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!