Director, Technical Instruction, NCR
Per Scholas · Silver Spring, MD (Temporarily Remote)Other Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Education Posted 1 week ago
POSITION TITLE: Director, Technical Instruction, NCR
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD/ DC
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 14 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 12,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Director, Technical Instruction will oversee all technical instruction operations at our NCR location. You will be responsible for managing and coaching all NCR Technical Instructors, ensuring that curriculum is taught consistently and in accordance with Per Scholas’ program requirements. You will foster professional development among your team of instructors, encouraging continuing growth in their classroom management and engagement skills. The Director will also work collaboratively with the Director, Admissions, and Director, Business Solutions, to support the strategic direction and overall management of the NCR site.
WHAT YOU’LL DO :
Technical Instruction and Site Leadership
- Manage a team of on-site Technical Instructors and Instructional Assistants delivering virtual and in-person technology training
- Ensure that instructors are teaching to the approved course curricula and providing additional coaching assistance both in the classroom and individually as needed
- Utilize in-house learning management system for assignments, tests, and real-time performance monitoring
- Work closely with NCR staff, including admissions, career coaching, financial coaching, and business solutions teams, ensuring high-quality delivery of technology training and workforce preparation to enrolled learners
- Ensure proper and consistent student data tracking by instructional staff into Salesforce and other record management systems
- Advise on technical curriculum and support implementation of new and updated offerings
- Work in partnership with the Managing Director and the regional leadership team to meet key student outcome measures including enrollment, certification, graduation, placement, and retention
Other NCR Site Activities
- Work with MD and team to support purchasing and inventory management for all instructional and other on-site technology needs
- Work with MD to ensure site safety measures are met through regular team training and required roll-outs of safety protocol
- Lead additional change management efforts as Per Scholas continues to grow and diversify its programmatic offerings
- Create a positive, professional, and high-quality learning environment for applicants, students, and alumni
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the MD
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- A passion for education and workforce development
- Bachelor’s Degree (technology and/or education concentration preferred)
- 3+ years of people management
- Experience with student assessment and curriculum development
- IT work experience preferred
- 2+ years of teaching experience preferred
- Familiarity with Linux, Apple, Windows OS, Windows Server Environments, Firewalls, Infrastructure hardware is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills - experience working with diverse individuals and groups with varying learning styles; experience in workforce development is a plus.
- Process-oriented and highly organized with excellent problem-solving skills
- Team orientation, responsiveness, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in being part of a culture of continuous improvement
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written, presentation, and public speaking skills
- You are highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with consistent follow through
- You are self-directed, analytical, and comfortable making decisions to adapt strategy and processes based on current conditions
- You are tech savvy and enjoy keeping current on trends
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.