Director of Product Marketing
Understood · New York, NYProduct Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago
Understood.org is looking to hire a Director of Product Marketing. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, in this new position this individual will develop and lead a core team charged with bringing new products and features to Understood’s audiences. This individual will own and develop our go-to-market strategy, and work with the broader marketing team and across functions to lead coordinated and successful launches.
Working in partnership with the product, research and brand strategy teams, you will sharpen insights that will inform messaging/narratives, KPIs and the roadmap to reach users and drive engagement. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence. The right candidate will thrive in an agile and collaborative environment where people are passionate about our mission, curious and want to deliver impact at scale through a digital product.
- Own go-to-market strategy and launch execution for new digital products, features, and benefits
- Prioritize launches and ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop marketing strategies and briefs that link back to overall objectives and audience nuances
- Work closely with Product to establish key product requirements based on customer and market feedback
- Translate customer needs into positioning and messaging strategies for products and services, from top-of-funnel awareness messages to key points along the journey
- Serve as the central point of contact for integrated marketing campaign development, execution, and measurement
- Partner with the process excellence team to establish go-to-market best practices and share frameworks that drive efficiency, confidence, and cohesion of implementation
- Partner with strategy, research, and data science teams to continually deepen our understanding of our audience and their customer journey
- Lead a cross-functional team through tasks and deliverables with startup-level agility
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, marketing, and/or business strategy
- Demonstrated experience in driving successful go-to-market strategies for new and existing products
- Highly organized and skilled at connecting dots, from strategy through to execution
- Strong analytical skills and data- and insight-driven
- Thrives in an on collaborative work; attacks big problems with big ideas and without ego
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Able to embrace ambiguity and adapt to change
- Strong people leader.
- Nimble and agile
- Willing to test and learn
- Strong desire to try new things
- Challenges status quo
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability, to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and thinking differences, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org