Software Engineer, Product Development
OpenAI · San Francisco, CAEngineering Partners & Advocates Posted 1 month ago
Join the Applied AI team. We focus on bringing OpenAI's technology to the world, and we recently launched OpenAI’s GPT-3 API
We are looking for a self-starter engineer who loves building new products in an iterative and fast-moving environment. In this role, you’ll work on making our API easy to apply to a wide variety of use cases. Our users include everyone from product managers and creatives to engineers and machine learning practitioners.
In this role you will:
- Own the development of new customer-facing features and product experiences end-to-end
- Talk to customers to understand their problems and design solutions to address them
- Help shape the roadmap for our API and plan sprints to execute on that roadmap
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, researchers, designers, and operations folks
- Build and maintain applications and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for speed and scale
Your background looks something like...
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies
- Proficiency with some backend language (we use Python)
- Some experience with relational databases like Postgres/MySQL
- Interest in AI/ML (direct experience not required)
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines
We’re building safe Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), and ensuring it leads to a good outcome for humans. We believe that unreasonably great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
- Parental leave
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner each day
- 401(k) plan with matching