Data Analytics Lead
Edquity · RemoteData + Analytics Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Education Posted 2 weeks ago
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, receive personalized financial management, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students need Edquity more than ever, and Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can support millions of students during this crisis.
Edquity has raised over $6.5MM in funding from some of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Edquity seeks a Data Analytics Lead to enable our organization to answer key business and research questions. The Data Analytics Lead will drive our reporting and analytics infrastructure to create solutions that deliver internal and external stakeholders the information they need to fight poverty. This position will be fundamental to defining our data strategy and architecture, working with cross-functional leaders to make sure that Edquity is driving impact for students.
- Partner with engineering team to define, scope, and implement new data models and make changes to existing data models
- Build out web analytics reporting and collaborate with Product, Research, and Design teams to improve our application in service of students
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on ad-hoc requests and longer-term deep dive analyses to provide external partners with strategic insights and recommendations
- Identify and mitigate existing gaps in current data pipeline
- Build out a long-term data strategy for tracking KPIs across the business
- 5+ years experience in an Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Data role
- Experience with reporting and data visualization tools like Looker and Tableau
- Intermediate SQL
- Ability to break down complex data concepts into meaningful insights for stakeholders
- Exposure to data warehousing and data modeling
- Excitement to use data to tackle the systemic inequities in the American education system
- Track record of thoughtful verbal and written communication
- A high level of empathy and a positive attitude
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- And more!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.